Chronic Poverty in India: Incidence, Causes and Policies
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 31 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gaurav Datt & Martin Ravallion, 1998.
"Farm productivity and rural poverty in India,"
The Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 34(4), pages 62-85.
- Bob Baulch & John Hoddinott, 2000. "Economic mobility and poverty dynamics in developing countries," The Journal of Development Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 1-24.
- Lanjouw, Peter & Stern, Nicholas, 1991. "Poverty in Palanpur," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 5(1), pages 23-55, January.
- Jayraman, Raji & Lanjouw, Peter, 1998.
"The evolution of poverty and inequality in Indian villages,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1870, The World Bank.
- Jayaraman, Rajshri & Lanjouw, Peter, 1999. "The Evolution of Poverty and Inequality in Indian Villages," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 14(1), pages 1-30, February.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1998.
"Why Have Some Indian States Done Better Than Others at Reducing Rural Poverty?,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 65(257), pages 17-38, February.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1996. "Why have some Indian states done better than others at reducing rural poverty?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1594, The World Bank.
- Arjan de Haan, 1999. "Livelihoods and poverty: The role of migration - a critical review of the migration literature," The Journal of Development Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 1-47.
- Martin Ravallion & Gaurav Datt, 1996. "India's Checkered History in Fight against Poverty: Are There Lessons for the Future?," Monash Economics Working Papers archive-33, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Moepeng, Pelotshweu T. & Tisdell, Clement A., 2008. "The Socio-Economic Situation of Female Heads and Poor Heads of Households in Rural Botswana: A Village Case Study," Social Economics, Policy and Development Working Papers 123544, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Robin Mearns & Andrew Norton, 2010. "Social Dimensions of Climate Change : Equity and Vulnerability in a Warming World," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2689.
- Matin, Imran & Hulme, David, 2003. "Programs for the Poorest: Learning from the IGVGD Program in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 647-665, March.
- Farhad Noorbakhsh, . "Spatial inequality and polarisation in India," Working Papers 2004_5, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Farhad Noorbakhsh, . "The Dynamics of Spatial Inequality and Polarisation in Iran," Working Papers 2003_17, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Moepeng, Pelotshweu T. & Tisdell, Clement A., 2006. "Poverty and Social Deprivation in Botswana: A Rural Case Study," Social Economics, Policy and Development Working Papers 123455, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Dasgupta, Sukti & Sudarshan, Ratna M, 2011. "Issues in labour market inequality and women's participation in India's National Rural Employment Guarantee Programme," ILO Working Papers 461714, International Labour Organization.
- Farhad Noorbakhsh, . "Human Development and Regional Disparities in India," Working Papers 2003_12, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Sunderlin, William D. & Angelsen, Arild & Belcher, Brian & Burgers, Paul & Nasi, Robert & Santoso, Levania & Wunder, Sven, 2005. "Livelihoods, forests, and conservation in developing countries: An Overview," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1383-1402, September.
- Amita Shah, 2010. "Natural Resources and Chronic Poverty in India: A Review of Issues and Evidence," Working Papers id:2773, eSocialSciences.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.