Old Age and Poverty in Developing Countries: New Policy Challenges
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 28 (2000)
Issue (Month): 12 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Caldwell, John C., 1993. "Health transition: The cultural, social and behavioural determinants of health in the Third World," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 125-135, January.
- Peter Lloyd-Sherlock, 2000. "Failing the needy: public social spending in Latin America," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(1), pages 101-119.
- Andrew Cassels, 1995. "Health sector reform: Key issues in less developed countries," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(3), pages 329-347, 05.
- Twigg, Judyth L., 1999. "Obligatory medical insurance in Russia: the participants' perspective," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 371-382, August.
- Hsiao, William C., 1995. "Abnormal economics in the health sector," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 125-139.
- Lloyd-Sherlock, Peter, 2000. "Population ageing in developed and developing regions: implications for health policy," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 887-895, September.
- Roger Charlton & Roddy McKinnon, 2002. "International organizations, pension system reform and alternative agendas: Bringing older people back in?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(8), pages 1175-1186.
- Barrientos, Armando & Gorman, Mark & Heslop, Amanda, 2003. "Old Age Poverty in Developing Countries: Contributions and Dependence in Later Life," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 555-570, March.
- Armando Barrientos, 2002. "Old age, poverty and social investment," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(8), pages 1133-1141.
- Marcus Böhme & Ruth Persian & Tobias Stoehr, 2013. "Alone but Better Off? Adult Child Migration and Health of Elderly Parents in Moldova," Kiel Working Papers 1876, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Javier Alejo, 2010. "Transición Demográfica y Pobreza en América Latina. Un Análisis de Microsimulaciones," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0108, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Peter Lloyd-Sherlock, 2002. "Nussbaum, capabilities and older people," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(8), pages 1163-1173.
- Tobias Stoehr, 2013. "Intra-Family Migration Decisions and Elderly Left Behind," Kiel Working Papers 1858, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Willmore, Larry, 2007. "Universal Pensions for Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 24-51, January.
- Lai, Mun Sim & Orsuwan, Meechai, 2009. "Examining the Impact of Taiwan's Cash Allowance Program on Private Households," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 1250-1260, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.