An Analysis of Childhood Malnutrition in Rural India: Role of Gender, Income and Other Household Characteristics
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 27 (1999)
Issue (Month): 7 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Glewwe, P., 1990.
"Investigating The Determinants Of Household Welfare In Cote D'Ivoire,"
71, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Glewwe, Paul, 1991. "Investigating the determinants of household welfare in Cote d'Ivoire," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 307-337, April.
- Morduch, J. & Stern, H.S., 1995.
"Using Mixture Models to Detect Sex Bias in Health Outcomes in Bangladesh,"
513, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Morduch, Jonathan J. & Stern, Hal S., 1997. "Using mixture models to detect sex bias in health outcomes in Bangladesh," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 259-276, March.
- Jonathan J. Morduch & Hall S. Stern, 1995. "Using Mixture Models to Detect Sex Bias in Health Outcomes in Bangladesh," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1728, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Lanjouw, Peter & Ravallion, Martin, 1995.
"Poverty and Household Size,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(433), pages 1415-34, November.
- Duncan Thomas & John Strauss & Maria-Helena Henriques, 1991. "How Does Mother's Education Affect Child Height?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(2), pages 183-211.
- Deaton, Angus S, 1989. "Looking for Boy-Girl Discrimination in Household Expenditure Data," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 3(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Heller, Peter S. & Drake, William D., 1979. "Malnutrition, child morbidity and the family decision process," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 203-235, April.
- Behrman, Jere R., 1988. "Nutrition, health, birth order and seasonality : Intrahousehold allocation among children in rural India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 43-62, February.
- Horton, Susan, 1986. "Child nutrition and family size in the Philippines," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 161-176, September.
- Horton, Susan, 1985. "The determinants of nutrient intake: Results from Western India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 147-162.
- Pushkar Maitra & Sarmistha Pal, 2004.
"Early Childbirth, Health Inputs and Child Mortality: Recent Evidence from Bangladesh,"
- Maitra, Pushkar & Pal, Sarmistha, 2007. "Early Childbirth, Health Inputs and Child Mortality: Recent Evidence from Bangladesh," IZA Discussion Papers 2841, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pushkar Maitra & Sarmistha Pal, 2007. "Early Childbirth, Health Inputs and Child Mortality: Recent Evidence from Bangladesh," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 07-05, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- G. M. Arif & Shujaat Farooq & Saman Nazir & Maryam Naeem Satti, 2012. "Child Malnutrition and Poverty: The Case of Pakistan," Poverty and Social Dynamics Paper Series 2012:03, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Smith, Lisa C. & Byron, Elizabeth M., 2005. "Is greater decisionmaking power of women associated with reduced gender discrimination in South Asia?," FCND discussion papers 200, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sarmistha Pal, 2003. "How Much of the Gender Difference in Child School Enrolment Can Be Explained? Evidence from Rural India," HEW 0309004, EconWPA.
- Pushkar Maitra & Sarmistha Pal, 2005.
"Birth Spacing and Child Survival: Comparative Evidence from India and Pakistan,"
Labor and Demography
- Pushkar Maitra & Sarmistha Pal, 2004. "Birth Spacing and Child Survival: Comparative Evidence from India and Pakistan," Labor and Demography 0403023, EconWPA.
- Gerald Makepeace & Sarmistha Pal, 2004. "Understanding the Effects of Sibling Composition on Child," Labor and Demography 0402004, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.