India and China: Contrasts in economic liberalization?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 23 (1995)
Issue (Month): 9 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Other versions of this item:
- Deepak Lal, 1993. "India and China: Contrasts in Economic Liberalization," UCLA Economics Working Papers 706, UCLA Department of Economics.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gyorgy Szapary & Steven Vincent Dunaway & David Burton & Mario I. BlÃ©jer, 1991. "China: Economic Reform and Macroeconomic Management," IMF Occasional Papers 76, International Monetary Fund.
- Dwight H. Perkins, 1994. "Completing China's Move to the Market," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 23-46, Spring.
- Lin, Justin Yifu, 1995.
"The Needham Puzzle: Why the Industrial Revolution Did Not Originate in China,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(2), pages 269-92, January.
- Justin Yifu Lin, 1992. "The Needham Puzzle: Why the Industrial Revolution Did Not Originate in China," UCLA Economics Working Papers 650, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Hicks, J. R., 1969. "A Theory of Economic History," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198811633.
- Shahid Yusuf, 1994. "China's Macroeconomic Performance and Management during Transition," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 71-92, Spring.
- Gary H. Jefferson & Thomas G. Rawski, 1994. "Enterprise Reform in Chinese Industry," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 47-70, Spring.
- Bhalla, A. S., 1990. "Rural-urban disparities in India and China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(8), pages 1097-1110, August.
- Greif, Avner, 1994. "Cultural Beliefs and the Organization of Society: A Historical and Theoretical Reflection on Collectivist and Individualist Societies," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(5), pages 912-50, October.
- Carroll, Christopher D & Rhee, Byung-Kun & Rhee, Changyong, 1994. "Are There Cultural Effects on Saving? Some Cross-Sectional Evidence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 109(3), pages 685-99, August.
- Malenbaum, Wilfred, 1990. "A Gloomy Portrayal of Development Achievements and Prospects: China and India: Review Article," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 38(2), pages 391-406, January.
- Lal, Deepak, 1987. "The Political Economy of Economic Liberalization," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 1(2), pages 273-99, January.
- Mohammad, Sharif & Whalley, John, 1984. "Rent Seeking in India: Its Costs and Policy Significance," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(3), pages 387-413.
- Rosen, George, 1990. "India and China: Perspectives on contrasting styles of economic reform," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 273-290.
- Jefferson, Gary H & Rawski, Thomas G & Yuxin, Zheng, 1992. "Growth, Efficiency, and Convergence in China's State and Collective Industry," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(2), pages 239-66, January.
- Richman, Barry, 1975. "Chinese and Indian Development: An Interdisciplinary Environmental Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(2), pages 345-55, May.
- Ronald I. McKinnon, 1992. "Macroeconomic control in liberalizing Socialist economies: Asian and European parallels," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 92-05, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Mukherjee, Anit & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2007. "Rural Industrialization in China and India: Role of Policies and Institutions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 1621-1634, October.
- Felipe, Jesus & Laviña, Editha & Fan, Emma Xiaoqin, 2008. "The Diverging Patterns of Profitability, Investment and Growth of China and India During 1980-2003," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 741-774, May.
- Bigsten , Arne & Levin, Jörgen, 2000.
"Growth, Income Distribution, and Poverty: A Review,"
Working Papers in Economics
32, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Bigsten, Arne & Levin, Jorgen, 2001. "Growth, Income Distribution, and Poverty: A Review," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Arne Bigsten & JÃ¶rgen Levin, 2010. "Growth, Income Distribution, and Poverty: A Review," Working Papers id:3296, eSocialSciences.
- Fan, Peilei, 2008. "Innovation Capacity and Economic Development: China and India," Working Paper Series RP2008/31, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Garnaut, Ross, 1996. "Economic reform in India and China: An essay in honor of Heinz Wolfgang Arndt," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 29-47.
- Mukherjee, Anit & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2005. "Rural non-farm development in China and India," DSGD discussion papers 24, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Peilei Fan, 2011. "Innovation capacity and economic development: China and India," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 49-73, April.
- Kenneth E Jackson, 2011. "Openness, Economic Growth and Labour Migration in times of Global Downturn: with Special Reference to Asian Examples," Working Papers id:4488, eSocialSciences.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.