Testing for parameter constancy in GARCH(p,q) models
AbstractWe propose a test for a change in the parameters of a GARCH(p,q) model. The test is based on approximate likelihood scores and does not require the observations to have finite variance. We show that the test has asymptotically correct size under weak assumptions on model errors.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 70 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oka, Tatsushi & Qu, Zhongjun, 2011.
"Estimating structural changes in regression quantiles,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 162(2), pages 248-267, June.
- Zhongjun Qu & Tatsushi Oka, 2010. "Estimating structural changes in regression quantiles," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2010-052, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Lee, Sangyeol & Song, Junmo, 2008. "Test for parameter change in ARMA models with GARCH innovations," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(13), pages 1990-1998, September.
- Cavaliere, Giuseppe & Taylor, A.M. Robert, 2008.
"Testing for a change in persistence in the presence of non-stationary volatility,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 84-98, November.
- Giuseppe Cavaliere & A. M. Robert Taylor, 2006. "Testing for a change in persistence in the presence of non-stationary volatility," Discussion Papers 06/04, University of Nottingham, Granger Centre for Time Series Econometrics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.