Supermodular dependence ordering on a class of multivariate copulas
AbstractIn most situations, the dependence monotonicities of copulas are checked by problem-specific approaches. Sometimes, it is impossible to check the monotonicities from the analytic forms of copulas. The purpose of this paper is to lay out some general results that can be used to identify dependence parameter(s) with respect to the supermodular dependence ordering for a parametric family of copulas constructed through mixing and limits. Special attention is paid to multivariate extreme value copulas, and some examples of applications are provided.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 57 (2002)
Issue (Month): 4 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joe, Harry, 1990. "Multivariate concordance," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 12-30, October.
- Joe, Harry, 1990. "Families of min-stable multivariate exponential and multivariate extreme value distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 75-81, January.
- Müller, Alfred & Scarsini, Marco, 2000. "Some Remarks on the Supermodular Order," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 107-119, April.
- Muller, Alfred, 1997. "Stop-loss order for portfolios of dependent risks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 219-223, December.
- Shaked, Moshe & Shanthikumar, J. George, 1997. "Supermodular Stochastic Orders and Positive Dependence of Random Vectors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 86-101, April.
- Goovaerts, M. J. & Dhaene, J., 1999. "Supermodular ordering and stochastic annuities," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 281-290, May.
- Areski Cousin & Elena Di Bernadino, 2013. "On Multivariate Extensions of Value-at-Risk," Working Papers hal-00638382, HAL.
- Georg Mainik & Eric Schaanning, 2012. "On dependence consistency of CoVaR and some other systemic risk measures," Papers 1207.3464, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2012.
- Embrechts, Paul & Neslehová, Johanna & Wüthrich, Mario V., 2009. "Additivity properties for Value-at-Risk under Archimedean dependence and heavy-tailedness," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 164-169, April.
- Escudero, Laureano F. & Ortega, Eva-María, 2008. "Actuarial comparisons for aggregate claims with randomly right-truncated claims," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 255-262, October.
- Damiano Brigo & Kyriakos Chourdakis, 2012. "Consistent single- and multi-step sampling of multivariate arrival times: A characterization of self-chaining copulas," Papers 1204.2090, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2012.
- Masih-Tehrani, Behdad & Xu, Susan H. & Kumara, Soundar & Li, Haijun, 2011. "A single-period analysis of a two-echelon inventory system with dependent supply uncertainty," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 45(8), pages 1128-1151, September.
- Christian Genest & Johanna Nešlehová & Johanna Ziegel, 2011. "Inference in multivariate Archimedean copula models," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 223-256, August.
- Areski Cousin & Elena Di Bernadino, 2011. "On Multivariate Extensions of Value-at-Risk," Papers 1111.1349, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2013.
- Huang, Jen-Jsung & Lee, Kuo-Jung & Liang, Hueimei & Lin, Wei-Fu, 2009. "Estimating value at risk of portfolio by conditional copula-GARCH method," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 315-324, December.
- Genest, Christian & Marceau, Etienne & Mesfioui, Mhamed, 2003. "Compound Poisson approximations for individual models with dependent risks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 73-91, February.
- Cousin, Areski & Laurent, Jean-Paul, 2008. "Comparison results for exchangeable credit risk portfolios," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 1118-1127, June.
- Cousin, Areski & Di Bernardino, Elena, 2013. "On multivariate extensions of Value-at-Risk," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 32-46.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.