Some Remarks on the Supermodular Order
AbstractIn this paper we solve two open problems posed by Joe (1997) concerning the supermodular order. First we give an example which shows that the supermodular order is strictly stronger than the concordance order for dimension d=3. Second we show that the supermodular order fulfils all desirable properties of a multivariate positive dependence order. We especially prove the non-trivial fact that it is closed with respect to weak convergence. This is applied to give a complete characterization of the supermodular order for multivariate normal distributions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 73 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joe, Harry, 1990. "Multivariate concordance," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 12-30, October.
- Shaked, Moshe & Shanthikumar, J. George, 1997. "Supermodular Stochastic Orders and Positive Dependence of Random Vectors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 86-101, April.
- Muller, Alfred, 1997. "Stop-loss order for portfolios of dependent risks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 219-223, December.
- Block, Henry W. & Sampson, Allan R., 1988. "Conditionally ordered distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 91-104, October.
- Laurence, Peter & Wang, Tai-Ho, 2009. "Sharp distribution free lower bounds for spread options and the corresponding optimal subreplicating portfolios," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 35-47, February.
- Cousin, Areski & Laurent, Jean-Paul, 2008. "Comparison results for exchangeable credit risk portfolios," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 1118-1127, June.
- Escudero, Laureano F. & Ortega, Eva-María, 2008. "Actuarial comparisons for aggregate claims with randomly right-truncated claims," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 255-262, October.
- Christofides, Tasos C. & Vaggelatou, Eutichia, 2004. "A connection between supermodular ordering and positive/negative association," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 138-151, January.
- Marta_Cardin & Paola_Ferretti, 2004. "Some theory of bivariate risk attitude," Game Theory and Information 0411009, EconWPA.
- Arlotto, Alessandro & Scarsini, Marco, 2009. "Hessian orders and multinormal distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(10), pages 2324-2330, November.
- Belzunce, Felix & Ortega, Eva-Maria & Pellerey, Franco & Ruiz, Jose M., 2006. "Variability of total claim amounts under dependence between claims severity and number of events," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 460-468, June.
- Bauerle, Nicole, 2002. "Risk management in credit risk portfolios with correlated assets," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 187-198, April.
- Hobson, David & Laurence, Peter & Wang, Tai-Ho, 2005. "Static-arbitrage optimal subreplicating strategies for basket options," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 553-572, December.
- Hu, Taizhong & Pan, Xiaoming, 1999. "Preservation of multivariate dependence under multivariate claim models," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 171-179, November.
- Hu, Taizhong & Xie, Chaode & Ruan, Lingyan, 2005. "Dependence structures of multivariate Bernoulli random vectors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 172-195, May.
- Colangelo, Antonio & Scarsini, Marco & Shaked, Moshe, 2005. "Some notions of multivariate positive dependence," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 13-26, August.
- Muller, Alfred & Pflug, Georg, 2001. "Asymptotic ruin probabilities for risk processes with dependent increments," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 381-392, June.
- Laureano Escudero & Eva-María Ortega, 2009. "How retention levels influence the variability of the total risk under reinsurance," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 139-157, July.
- Kulik, Rafal & Szekli, Ryszard, 2005. "Dependence orderings for some functionals of multivariate point processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 145-173, January.
- Alfred Müller, 2001. "Stochastic Ordering of Multivariate Normal Distributions," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 53(3), pages 567-575, September.
- Cheung, Ka Chun & Dhaene, Jan & Kukush, Alexander & Linders, Daniël, 2013. "Ordered random vectors and equality in distribution," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/375156, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Marta Cardin & Elisa Pagani, 2008. "Some proposals about multivariate risk measurement," Working Papers 165, Department of Applied Mathematics, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Hennessy, David A. & Saak, Alexander E. & Babcock, Bruce A., 2003. "Fair Value Of Whole-Farm And Crop-Specific Revenue Insurance," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 21988, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Huang, Di & Zhou, Hong & Zhao, Qiu-Hong, 2011. "A competitive multiple-product newsboy problem with partial product substitution," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 302-312, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.