What is the optimal size of a monetary union?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Review of Economics & Finance.
Volume (Year): 6 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620165
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joshua Aizenman, 1983. "Government Size, Optimal Inflation Tax, and Tax Collection Costs," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 103-105, Apr-Jun.
- Alesina, Alberto & Summers, Lawrence H, 1993. "Central Bank Independence and Macroeconomic Performance: Some Comparative Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(2), pages 151-62, May.
- Kimbrough, Kent P., 1991. "Optimal taxation and inflation in an open economy," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 179-196.
- Sibert, Anne, 1994. "The allocation of seigniorage in a common currency area," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1-2), pages 111-122, August.
- Casella, Alessandra, 1992.
"Participation in a Currency Union,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 847-63, September.
- Ng, Yew-Kwang, 1973. "The Economic Theory of Clubs: Pareto Optimality Conditions," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 40(159), pages 291-98, August.
- Carlos A. VÃ©gh, 1989. "Government Spending and Inflationary Finance: A Public Finance Approach," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 36(3), pages 657-677, September.
- Fratianni, M. & Von Hagen, J. & Waller, C., 1992. "The Maastricht Way to EMU," Princeton Studies in International Economics 187, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Carlos A. VÃ©gh & Pablo E. Guidotti, 1990. "Optimal Taxation Policies in the EMS: A Two-Country Model of Public Finance," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(2), pages 311-337, June.
- Tori, Cynthia Royal, 1997. "Monetary Unions and the Effects of Seigniorage Sharing," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 193-204, January.
- Canzoneri, Matthew B & Rogers, Carol Ann, 1990. "Is the European Community an Optimal Currency Area? Optimal Taxation versus the Cost of Multiple Currencies," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 419-33, June.
- Aizenman, Joshua, 1992. "Competitive Externalities and the Optimal Seigniorage," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 24(1), pages 61-71, February.
- Yeh, Kuo-chun, 2012. "Renminbi in the future international monetary system," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 106-114.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.