Asymmetric volatility of stock returns during the Asian crisis: Evidence from Indonesia
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Review of Economics & Finance.
Volume (Year): 16 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620165
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- De Santis, Giorgio & imrohoroglu, Selahattin, 1997.
"Stock returns and volatility in emerging financial markets,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 561-579, August.
- Giorgio De Santis & Selahattin Imrohoroglu, 1994. "Stock returns and volatility in emerging financial markets," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 93, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Geoffrey F. Loudon & Wing H. Watt & Pradeep K. Yadav, 2000. "An empirical analysis of alternative parametric ARCH models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(2), pages 117-136.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993.
" On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan & David E. Runkle, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ling, Shiqing & McAleer, Michael, 2002.
"Stationarity and the existence of moments of a family of GARCH processes,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 109-117, January.
- Shiqing Ling & Michael McAleer, 2001. "Stationarity and the Existence of Moments of a Family of GARCH Processes," ISER Discussion Paper 0535, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Ratanapakorn, Orawan & Sharma, Subhash C., 2002. "Interrelationships among regional stock indices," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 91-108.
- Engle, Robert F & Ng, Victor K, 1993.
" Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1749-78, December.
- Robert F. Engle & Victor K. Ng, 1991. "Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility," NBER Working Papers 3681, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chiang, Thomas C & Doong, Shuh-Chyi, 2001. " Empirical Analysis of Stock Returns and Volatility: Evidence from Seven Asian Stock Markets Based on TAR-GARCH Model," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 301-18, November.
- Sebastian Edwards & Raul Susmel, 2001.
"Volatility Dependence and Contagion in Emerging Equity Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
8506, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edwards, Sebastian & Susmel, Raul, 2001. "Volatility dependence and contagion in emerging equity markets," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 505-532, December.
- Psaradakis, Z. & Tzavalis, E., 1995. "Regression-Based Tests for Persistence in Conditional Variances," Discussion Papers 9501, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Edison, Hali & Reinhart, Carmen M., 2001.
"Stopping hot money,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 533-553, December.
- Nelson, Daniel B., 1990. "Stationarity and Persistence in the GARCH(1,1) Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(03), pages 318-334, September.
- Wenshwo Fang, 2002. "The effects of currency depreciation on stock returns: evidence from five East Asian economies," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 195-199.
- Henry, O.T.J., 1995.
"Modelling the Assymetry of Stock Market Volatility,"
Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
487, The University of Melbourne.
- Olan Henry, 1998. "Modelling the asymmetry of stock market volatility," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 145-153.
- Pan, Ming-Shiun & Liu, Y. Angela & Roth, Herbert J., 1999. "Common stochastic trends and volatility in Asian-Pacific equity markets," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 161-172.
- Lin, Edward M.H. & Chen, Cathy W.S. & Gerlach, Richard, 2012. "Forecasting volatility with asymmetric smooth transition dynamic range models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 384-399.
- Huang, Alex YiHou & Peng, Sheng-Pen & Li, Fangjhy & Ke, Ching-Jie, 2011. "Volatility forecasting of exchange rate by quantile regression," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 591-606, October.
- Lucía de las Nieves Morales, 2008. "Volatility Spillovers between Equity and Currency Markets: Evidence from Major Latin American Countries," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 45(132), pages 185-215.
- Liu, Hung-Chun & Chiang, Shu-Mei & Cheng, Nick Ying-Pin, 2012. "Forecasting the volatility of S&P depositary receipts using GARCH-type models under intraday range-based and return-based proxy measures," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 78-91.
- Chen, Cathy W.S. & Gerlach, Richard & Lin, Edward M.H., 2008. "Volatility forecasting using threshold heteroskedastic models of the intra-day range," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 2990-3010, February.
- Bask, Mikael, 2007.
"Measuring potential market risk,"
Research Discussion Papers
20/2007, Bank of Finland.
- Mensi, Walid & Beljid, Makram & Boubaker, Adel & Managi, Shunsuke, 2013.
"Correlations and volatility spillovers across commodity and stock markets: Linking energies, food, and gold,"
44395, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mensi, Walid & Beljid, Makram & Boubaker, Adel & Managi, Shunsuke, 2013. "Correlations and volatility spillovers across commodity and stock markets: Linking energies, food, and gold," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 15-22.
- Chen, Yi-Hsuan & Tu, Anthony H., 2013. "Estimating hedged portfolio value-at-risk using the conditional copula: An illustration of model risk," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 514-528.
- Wang, Shin-Yun & Lin, Shih-Kuei, 2010. "The pricing and hedging of structured notes with systematic jump risk: An analysis of the USD knock-out reversed swap," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 106-118, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.