Panic and panacea: brain drain and science and technology human capital policy
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Research Policy.
Volume (Year): 33 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Bushnell & Wai Kin Choy, 2001. ""Go West, Young Man, Go West!"?," Treasury Working Paper Series 01/07, New Zealand Treasury.
- Michel Beine & Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2001.
"Brain drain and economic growth: theory and evidence,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/10449, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Beine, Michel & Docquier, Frederic & Rapoport, Hillel, 2001. "Brain drain and economic growth: theory and evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 275-289, February.
- Hayden Glass & Wai Kin Choy, 2001. "Brain Drain or Brain Exchange?," Treasury Working Paper Series 01/22, New Zealand Treasury.
- John Salt, 1997. "International Movements of the Highly Skilled," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 3, OECD Publishing.
- Boardman, P. Craig, 2009. "Government centrality to university-industry interactions: University research centers and the industry involvement of academic researchers," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 1505-1516, December.
- Baruch, Yehuda & Budhwar, Pawan S. & Khatri, Naresh, 2007. "Brain drain: Inclination to stay abroad after studies," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 99-112, March.
- Michaela Trippl & Gunther Maier, 2010.
"Knowledge spillover agents and regional development,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(2), pages 229-233, 06.
- Trippl, Michaela & Maier, Gunther, 2007. "Knowledge Spillover Agents and Regional Development," Papers DYNREG16, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Michaela Trippl & Gunther Maier, 2007. "Knowledge Spillover Agents and Regional Development," SRE-Disc sre-disc-2007_01, Institute for the Environment and Regional Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- John Gibson & David McKenzie, 2013.
"Scientific Mobility and Knowledge Networks in High Emigration Countries: Evidence from the Pacific,"
CReAM Discussion Paper Series
1305, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- John Gibson & David McKenzie, 2013. "Scientific Mobility and Knowledge Networks in High Emigration Countries: Evidence from the Pacific," Working Papers in Economics 13/02, University of Waikato, Department of Economics.
- Baruffaldi, Stefano H. & Landoni, Paolo, 2012. "Return mobility and scientific productivity of researchers working abroad: The role of home country linkages," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(9), pages 1655-1665.
- Annamária Inzelt, 2008. "The inflow of highly skilled workers into Hungary: a by-product of FDI," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 422-438, August.
- D'Costa, Anthony P., 2004. "Globalization, Development, and Mobility of Technical Talent: India and Japan in Comparative Perspectives," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Thorn, Kristian & Holm-Nielsen, Lauritz B., 2006. "International Mobility of Researchers and Scientists: Policy Options for Turning a Drain into a Gain," Working Paper Series RP2006/83, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.