PhD job market: professional trajectories and incentives during the PhD
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Research Policy.
Volume (Year): 29 (2000)
Issue (Month): 6 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lynne G. Zucker & Michael R. Darby & Maximo Torero, 1997.
"Labor Mobility from Academe to Commerce,"
NBER Working Papers
6050, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ashish Arora & Alfonso Gambardella, 1997. "Public Policy towards Science : Picking Stars or Spreading the Wealth ?," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 79(1), pages 63-75.
- Siow, Aloysius, 1998. "Tenure and Other Unusual Personnel Practices in Academia," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(1), pages 152-73, April.
- Hansen, W Lee, 1991. "The Education and Training of Economics Doctorates: Major Findings of the Executive Secretary of the American Economic Association's Commission on Graduate Education in Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 29(3), pages 1054-87, September.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Panagiotis G. Mavros, 1995.
"Do Doctoral Students' Financial Support Patterns Affect Their Times-To-Degree and Completion Probabilities?,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(3), pages 581-609.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Panagiotis G. Mavros, 1995. "Do Doctoral Students' Financial Support Patterns Affect Their Times-to-Degree and Completion Probabilities," NBER Working Papers 4070, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ehrenberg, Ronald G, 1992. "The Flow of New Doctorates," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(2), pages 830-75, June.
- Paula E. Stephan, 1996. "The Economics of Science," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(3), pages 1199-1235, September.
- David W. Breneman & Dean T. Jamison & Roy Radner, 1976. "The Ph.D. Production Process," NBER Chapters, in: Education as an Industry, pages 1-52 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paula E. Stephan & Sharon G. Levin, 1997. "The Critical Importance of Careers in Collaborative Scientific Research," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 79(1), pages 45-61.
- Aloysius Siow, 1991. "Are First Impressions Important in Academia?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(2), pages 236-255.
- Velho, Lea, 2002. "Research Capacity Building in Nicaragua: From Partnership with Sweden to Ownership and Social Accountability," Discussion Papers 09, United Nations University, Institute for New Technologies.
- Claire Bonnard, 2012. "The Access of the Young Graduates in Sciences into R&D Profession: A Switching Model Treatment for the French Case," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 26(1), pages 46-65, 03.
- repec:hal:wpaper:hal-00658038 is not listed on IDEAS
- Negin Salimi & Rudi Bekkers & Koen Frenken, 2013. "Governance and success of university-industry collaborations on the basis of Ph.D. projects: an explorative study," Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies (ECIS) working paper series 13-05, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies (ECIS), revised Apr 2013.
- Bozeman, Barry & Rogers, Juan D., 2002. "A churn model of scientific knowledge value: Internet researchers as a knowledge value collective," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 769-794, July.
- José García-Quevedo & Francisco Mas-Verdú & Jose Polo-Otero, 2010.
"Which firms want PhDS? The effect of the university-industry relationship on the PhD labour market,"
2010/13, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- José García-Quevedo & Francisco Mas-Verdú & José Polo-Otero, 2010. "Which firms want PhDs? The effect of the university-industry relationship on the PhD labour market," Working Papers XREAP2010-02, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Mar 2010.
- José García Quevedo & Francisco Mas-Verdú & Jose Polo Otero, . "Which firms want PhDs? The effect of the university-industry relationship on the PhD labour market," Working Papers 2010R02, Basque Institute of Competitiveness.
- Mare Codruta & Dragos Cristian & Popa Irimie Emil & Span Georgeta Ancuta, 2012. "A Statistical Approach Of Perceptions Of Master Accountancy Graduates Concerning Early Career Experiences," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 944-948, July.
- Gustavo Crespi & Aldo Geuna & Lionel Nesta, 2007. "The mobility of university inventors in Europe," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 195-215, June.
- Gaughan, Monica & Robin, Stephane, 2004. "National science training policy and early scientific careers in France and the United States," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 569-581, May.
- Caroline Lanciano-Morandat & Hiroatsu Nohara, 2002. "Analyse sociétale des marchés du travail des scientifiques," Post-Print halshs-00506015, HAL.
- Natalia Mishagina, 2007. "Empirical Analysis of Career Transitions of Sciences and Engineering Doctorates in the US," Working Papers 1137, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Lee, Hsing-fen & Miozzo, Marcela & Laredo, Philippe, 2010. "Career patterns and competences of PhDs in science and engineering in the knowledge economy: The case of graduates from a UK research-based university," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 869-881, September.
- Gustavo A. Crespi & Aldo Geuna & Lionel J. J. Nesta, 2006. "Labour Mobility of Academic Inventors. Career Decision and Knowledge Transfer," SPRU Working Paper Series 139, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Vincent Mangematin, 2011. "How do Academics adopt new practices during a reform ? The Evolution of doctoral education in France 1992-2009," Working paper serie RMT - Grenoble Ecole de Management hal-00658038, HAL.
- Zellner, Christian, 2003. "The economic effects of basic research: evidence for embodied knowledge transfer via scientists' migration," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1881-1895, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.