Supplier involvement in automotive component design: are there really large US Japan differences?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Research Policy.
Volume (Year): 25 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Masten, Scott E, 1984. "The Organization of Production: Evidence from the Aerospace Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(2), pages 403-17, October.
- Koichi Shimokawa, 1985. "Japan's >i>Keiretsu>/i> System: The Case of the Automobile Industry," Japanese Economy, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 13(4), pages 3-31, July.
- Kim B. Clark, 1989. "Project Scope and Project Performance: The Effect of Parts Strategy and Supplier Involvement on Product Development," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(10), pages 1247-1263, October.
- Kleindorfer, Paul & Knieps, Gunter, 1982. "Vertical integration and transaction-specific sunk costs," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 71-87.
- Clark, Kim B. & Fujimoto, Takahiro, 1992. "Product development and competitiveness," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 101-143, June.
- Caves, Richard E. & Bradburd, Ralph M., 1988. "The empirical determinants of vertical integration," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 265-279, April.
- Kirk Monteverde & David J. Teece, 1982. "Supplier Switching Costs and Vertical Integration in the Automobile Industry," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(1), pages 206-213, Spring.
- Philip M. Rosenzweig, 1994. "When Can Management Science Research Be Generalized Internationally?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(1), pages 28-39, January.
- Steven Tadelis & Oliver E.Williamson, 2012.
"Transaction Cost Economics
[The Handbook of Organizational Economics]," Introductory Chapters, Princeton University Press.
- Asanuma, Banri, 1989. "Manufacturer-supplier relationships in Japan and the concept of relation-specific skill," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 1-30, March.
- Jürgen Peters, 2000. "Buyer Market Power and Innovative Activities," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 13-38, February.
- Chung, Seungwha (Andy) & Kim, Gyeong Mook, 2003. "Performance effects of partnership between manufacturers and suppliers for new product development: the supplier's standpoint," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 587-603, April.
- Sebti, Hicham, 2008. "« AMOUR, GLOIRE ET RUPTURE » Une étude longitudinale du rôle de la gouvernance dans la création et le partage de la valeur dans une joint-venture internationale," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2968, Paris Dauphine University.
- McLaren, J, 1996.
"Supplier Relations and the Market Context : A Theory of Handshakes,"
766, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- McLaren, John, 1999. "Supplier relations and the market context: A theory of handshakes," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 121-138, June.
- Wong, Chee Yew & Boon-itt, Sakun, 2008. "The influence of institutional norms and environmental uncertainty on supply chain integration in the Thai automotive industry," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 400-410, October.
- Li, Hongmin & Wang, Yimin & Yin, Rui & Kull, Thomas J. & Choi, Thomas Y., 2012. "Target pricing: Demand-side versus supply-side approaches," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 172-184.
- Funk, Jeffrey L., 2003. "Standards, dominant designs and preferential acquisition of complementary assets through slight information advantages," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1325-1341, September.
- Mario Bourgault, 1997. "Industrie aérospatiale nord-américaine et performance des sous-traitants : Écarts entre le Canada et les États-Unis," CIRANO Working Papers 97s-26, CIRANO.
- Lincoln, James R., 2009. "Strategic Alliances in the Japanese Economy: Types, Critiques, Embeddedness, and Change," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt87j3h103, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Laamanen, Tomi, 2005. "Dependency, resource depth, and supplier performance during industry downturn," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 125-140, March.
- Ragatz, Gary L. & Handfield, Robert B. & Petersen, Kenneth J., 2002. "Benefits associated with supplier integration into new product development under conditions of technology uncertainty," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(5), pages 389-400, May.
- Perrons, Robert K., 2009. "The open kimono: How Intel balances trust and power to maintain platform leadership," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 1300-1312, October.
- Tether, Bruce S., 2002. "Who co-operates for innovation, and why: An empirical analysis," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 947-967, August.
- Nigel Wadeson, 1999. "Two-way Communication Costs and the Boundaries of the Firm," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 301-329.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.