Rent dissipation and social benefit in regulated entry contests
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 21 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Michael D. Whinston, 1986. "Free Entry and Social Inefficiency," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(1), pages 48-58, Spring.
- Katz, Eliakim & Tokatlidu, Julia, 1996. "Group competition for rents," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 599-607, December.
- Nitzan, Shmuel, 1991. "Collective Rent Dissipation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(409), pages 1522-34, November.
- Berry, S Keith, 1993. " Rent-Seeking with Multiple Winners," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 77(2), pages 437-43, October.
- Poitras, Marc & Sutter, Daniel, 2000. " Enhancing Efficiency or Crying Over Spilled Milk: The Benefits of Reform," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 105(1-2), pages 23-40, October.
- Arye L. Hillman & John G. Riley, 1987.
"Politically Contestable Rents and Transfers,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
452, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Baik, Kyung Hwan & Lee, Sanghack, 2000. " Two-Stage Rent-Seeking Contests with Carryovers," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 103(3-4), pages 285-96, June.
- Ellingsen, T., 1990.
"Strategic Buyers and the Social Cost of Monopoly,"
05-90, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Kang, Jae Hyeong & Lee, Sanghack, 2001. "The social cost of entry contest in Cournot-Nash oligopoly," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 53(2-3), pages 139-152.
- Lee, Sanghack, 1995. " Endogenous Sharing Rules in Collective-Group Rent-Seeking," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 85(1-2), pages 31-44, October.
- Poitras, Marc & Sutter, Daniel, 1997. "The Efficiency Gains from Deregulation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 81-89, July.
- Wenders, John T, 1987. "On Perfect Rent Dissipation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 456-59, June.
- Sanghack Lee, 1993. "Inter-group competition for a pure private rent," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 261-266.
- Sachbar, J.H. & Peterson, B.C. & Hwang, I., 1997.
"Sunk Costs, Accommodation, and the Welfare Effects of Entry,"
97-03, Business, Law and Economics Center, John M. Olin School of Business, Washington University.
- Nachbar, John H & Petersen, Bruce C & Hwang, Inhak, 1998. "Sunk Costs, Accommodation, and the Welfare Effects of Entry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 317-32, September.
- Rasmusen, Eric B & Zupan, Mark A, 1991. " Extending the Economic Theory of Regulation to the Form of Policy," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 72(2-3), pages 167-91, December.
- Kräkel, Matthias, 2012.
"Competitive careers as a way to mediocracy,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 76-87.
- Matthias Kräkel, 2009. "Competitive Careers as a Way to Mediocracy," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse25_2009, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Kräkel, Matthias, 2009. "Competitive Careers as a Way to Mediocracy," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 286, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.