Rent dissipation and social benefit in regulated entry contests
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 21 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Katz, Eliakim & Tokatlidu, Julia, 1996. "Group competition for rents," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 599-607, December.
- McCormick, Robert E & Shughart, William F, II & Tollison, Robert D, 1984. "The Disinterest in Deregulation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 1075-79, December.
- Nitzan, Shmuel, 1991. "Collective Rent Dissipation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(409), pages 1522-34, November.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Michael D. Whinston, 1986. "Free Entry and Social Inefficiency," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(1), pages 48-58, Spring.
- Nachbar, John H & Petersen, Bruce C & Hwang, Inhak, 1998.
"Sunk Costs, Accommodation, and the Welfare Effects of Entry,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 317-32, September.
- Sachbar, J.H. & Peterson, B.C. & Hwang, I., 1997. "Sunk Costs, Accommodation, and the Welfare Effects of Entry," Washington University 97-03, Business, Law and Economics Center, John M. Olin School of Business, Washington University.
- Rasmusen, Eric B & Zupan, Mark A, 1991. " Extending the Economic Theory of Regulation to the Form of Policy," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 72(2-3), pages 167-91, December.
- Poitras, Marc & Sutter, Daniel, 2000. " Enhancing Efficiency or Crying Over Spilled Milk: The Benefits of Reform," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 105(1-2), pages 23-40, October.
- Berry, S Keith, 1993. " Rent-Seeking with Multiple Winners," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 77(2), pages 437-43, October.
- Lee, Sanghack, 1995. " Endogenous Sharing Rules in Collective-Group Rent-Seeking," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 85(1-2), pages 31-44, October.
- Sanghack Lee, 1993. "Inter-group competition for a pure private rent," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 261-266.
- Arye L. Hillman & John G. Riley, 1989.
"Politically Contestable Rents And Transfers,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 17-39, 03.
- Wenders, John T, 1987. "On Perfect Rent Dissipation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 456-59, June.
- Poitras, Marc & Sutter, Daniel, 1997. "The Efficiency Gains from Deregulation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 81-89, July.
- Baik, Kyung Hwan & Lee, Sanghack, 2000. " Two-Stage Rent-Seeking Contests with Carryovers," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 103(3-4), pages 285-96, June.
- Kang, Jae Hyeong & Lee, Sanghack, 2001. "The social cost of entry contest in Cournot-Nash oligopoly," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 53(2-3), pages 139-152.
- Ellingsen, Tore, 1991.
"Strategic Buyers and the Social Cost of Monopoly,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 648-57, June.
- Matthias Kräkel, 2009.
"Competitive Careers as a Way to Mediocracy,"
Bonn Econ Discussion Papers
bgse25_2009, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Kräkel, Matthias, 2009. "Competitive Careers as a Way to Mediocracy," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 286, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.