Lower partial moments as measures of perceived risk: An experimental study
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Psychology.
Volume (Year): 21 (2000)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Scott, Robert C & Horvath, Philip A, 1980. " On the Direction of Preference for Moments of Higher Order Than the Variance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(4), pages 915-19, September.
- Franke, Guenther & Weber, Martin, 1997. "Risk-Value Efficient Portfolios and Asset Pricing," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 97-32, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Menezes, C & Geiss, C & Tressler, J, 1980. "Increasing Downside Risk," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 921-32, December.
- Frisch, Deborah, 1993. "Reasons for Framing Effects," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 399-429, April.
- Hanoch, G & Levy, Haim, 1969. "The Efficiency Analysis of Choices Involving Risk," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(107), pages 335-46, July.
- Langewisch, Andrew & Choobineh, Fred, 1996. "Stochastic dominance tests for ranking alternatives under ambiguity," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 139-154, November.
- Fred D. Arditti, 1967. "Risk And The Required Return On Equity," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 22(1), pages 19-36, 03.
- Peter C. Fishburn, 1984. "Foundations of Risk Measurement. I. Risk As Probable Loss," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(4), pages 396-406, April.
- Bawa, Vijay S., 1975. "Optimal rules for ordering uncertain prospects," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 95-121, March.
- Tan, Kai-Jiaw, 1991. "Risk return and the three-moment capital asset pricing model: another look," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 449-460, April.
- Haim Levy, 1992. "Stochastic Dominance and Expected Utility: Survey and Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(4), pages 555-593, April.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, 03.
- Hadar, Josef & Russell, William R, 1969. "Rules for Ordering Uncertain Prospects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 25-34, March.
- Cooley, Philip L, 1977. "A Multidimensional Analysis of Institutional Investor Perception of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(1), pages 67-78, March.
- Elke U. Weber & Richard A. Milliman, 1997. "Perceived Risk Attitudes: Relating Risk Perception to Risky Choice," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(2), pages 123-144, February.
- Machina, Mark J & Pratt, John W, 1997. "Increasing Risk: Some Direct Constructions," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 103-27, March.
- Cunningham, William H & Anderson, W Thomas, Jr & Murphy, John H, 1974. "Are Students Real People?," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(3), pages 399-409, July.
- Daniel Kahneman & Jack L. Knetsch & Richard H. Thaler, 1991. "Anomalies: The Endowment Effect, Loss Aversion, and Status Quo Bias," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 193-206, Winter.
- Jean, William H., 1975. "Comparison of Moment and Stochastic Dominance Ranking Methods," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(01), pages 151-161, March.
- Mao, James C T & Helliwell, John F, 1969. "Investment Decisions under Uncertainty: Theory and Practice," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 24(2), pages 323-38, May.
- Harlow, W. V. & Rao, Ramesh K. S., 1989. "Asset Pricing in a Generalized Mean-Lower Partial Moment Framework: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(03), pages 285-311, September.
- Dan J. Laughhunn & John W. Payne & Roy Crum, 1980. "Managerial Risk Preferences for Below-Target Returns," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(12), pages 1238-1249, December.
- Francis, Jack Clark, 1975. "Skewness and Investors' Decisions," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(01), pages 163-172, March.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
- David W. Conrath, 1973. "From Statistical Decision Theory to Practice: Some Problems with the Transition," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(8), pages 873-883, April.
- Udo Ebert, 2005. "Measures of downside risk," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(16), pages 1-9.
- Witt, Rudolf & Waibel, Hermann, 2011. "Constraints to diversification of poor fishery-dependent households in Cameroon," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 6(2), September.
- Anthonisz, Sean A., 2012. "Asset pricing with partial-moments," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2122-2135.
- Sanglestsawai, Santi & Rejesus, Roderick M. & Yorobe, Jose M., Jr., 2012. "Production Risk, Farmer Welfare, and Bt Corn in the Philippines," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124237, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Sjöberg, Lennart & Engelberg, Elisabeth, 2006. "Attitudes to economic risk-taking, sensation seeking and values of business students specializing in finance," Working Paper Series in Business Administration 2006:3, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 15 Oct 2006.
- Robert A. Olsen, 2010. "Toward a theory of behavioral finance: implications from the natural sciences," Qualitative Research in Financial Markets, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 2(2), pages 100-128, October.
- Mattos, Fabio & Garcia, Philip & Nelson, Carl, 2008.
"Relaxing standard hedging assumptions in the presence of downside risk,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 78-93, February.
- Mattos, Fabio & Garcia, Philip & Nelson, Carl H., 2005. "Relaxing Standard Hedging Assumptions in the Presence of Downside Risk," 2005 Conference, April 18-19, 2005, St. Louis, Missouri 19040, NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Ahmedov, Zafarbek & Woodard, Joshua D., 2012. "Do RIN Mandates and Blender's Tax Credit Affect Blenders' Hedging Strategies?," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124980, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2005:i:16:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- S. M. Sunoj & S. S. Maya, 2008. "The role of lower partial moments in stochastic modeling," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(2), pages 223-242.
- Veld, Chris & Veld-Merkoulova, Yulia V., 2008. "The risk perceptions of individual investors," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 226-252, April.
- Jules Sadefo Kamdem, 2011. "Downside Risk And Kappa Index Of Non-Gaussian Portfolio With Lpm," Working Papers hal-00733043, HAL.
- Bertrand, Philippe & Prigent, Jean-luc, 2011. "Omega performance measure and portfolio insurance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1811-1823, July.
- Philippe Bertrand & Jean-luc Prigent, 2014. "On Path-Dependent Structured Funds: Complexity Does Not Always Pay (Asian versus Average Performance Funds)," Working Papers 2014-348, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Schade, Christian & Steul, Martina & Schröder, Andreas, 2002. "Starting points' effects on risk-taking behavior," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2002,15, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.