The impact of personality on behavior in five Prisoner's Dilemma games
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Psychology.
Volume (Year): 20 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Avner Ben-Ner & Brian McCall & Massoud Stephane & Hua Wang, .
"Identity and Self-Other Differentiation in Work and Giving Behaviors: Experimental Evidence,"
0805, Human Resources and Labor Studies, University of Minnesota (Twin Cities Campus).
- Avner Ben-Ner & Brian P. McCall & Massoud Stephane & Hua Wang, 2006. "Identity and Self-Other Differentiation in Work and Giving Behaviors: Experimental Evidence," Working Papers 2006.103, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Schmitt, Pamela & Shupp, Robert & Swope, Kurtis & Mayer, Justin, 2008. "Pre-commitment and personality: Behavioral explanations in ultimatum games," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 66(3-4), pages 597-605, June.
- Boone,Christophe & Olffen,Woody,van & Witteloostuijn,Arjan,van, 2003. "TEAM COMPOSITION, LEADERSHIP AND INFORMATION-PROCESSING BEHAVIOR A simulation game study of the locus-of-control personality trait," Research Memoranda 035, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Kurtis J. Swope & John Cadigan & Pamela M. Schmitt & Robert S. Shupp, 2005.
"Personality Preferences in Laboratory Economics Experiments,"
200507, Ball State University, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2005.
- Swope, Kurtis J. & Cadigan, John & Schmitt, Pamela M. & Shupp, Robert, 2008. "Personality preferences in laboratory economics experiments," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 998-1009, June.
- Semeijn,J. & Velden,R.,van der & Boone,C., 2000. "Personality Characteristics and Labour Market Entry an exploration," Research Memoranda 001, Maastricht : ROA, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market.
- Ben-Ner, Avner & Kramer, Amit & Levy, Ori, 2008.
"Economic and hypothetical dictator game experiments: Incentive effects at the individual level,"
The Journal of Socio-Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1775-1784, October.
- Avner Ben-Ner & Ori Levy, . "Economic and Hypothetical Dictator Game Experiments: Incentive Effects at the Individual Level," Working Papers 0305, Human Resources and Labor Studies, University of Minnesota (Twin Cities Campus).
- Volk, Stefan & Thoeni, Christian & Ruigrok, Winfried, 2011.
"Temporal stability and psychological foundations of cooperation preferences,"
Economics Working Paper Series
1101, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Volk, Stefan & Thöni, Christian & Ruigrok, Winfried, 2012. "Temporal stability and psychological foundations of cooperation preferences," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 664-676.
- Ben-Ner, Avner & McCall, Brian P. & Stephane, Massoud & Wang, Hua, 2009. "Identity and in-group/out-group differentiation in work and giving behaviors: Experimental evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 153-170, October.
- Avner Ben-Ner & Famin Kong & Louis Putterman, . "Share and Share Alike? Intelligence, Socialization, Personality, and Gender-Pairing as Determinants of Giving," Working Papers 1002, Human Resources and Labor Studies, University of Minnesota (Twin Cities Campus).
- Ben-Ner, Avner & Kong, Fanmin & Putterman, Louis, 2004. "Share and share alike? Gender-pairing, personality, and cognitive ability as determinants of giving," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 581-589, October.
- Ovchinnikova, Natalia V. & Czap, Hans J. & Lynne, Gary D. & Larimer, Christopher W., 2009. ""I don't want to be selling my soul": Two experiments in environmental economics," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 221-229, March.
- Gunnthorsdottir, Anna & McCabe, Kevin & Smith, Vernon, 2002. "Using the Machiavellianism instrument to predict trustworthiness in a bargaining game," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 49-66, February.
- Pamela Schmitt & Kurtis Swope & Robert Shupp & Justin Mayer, 2004.
"Personality Preferences and Pre-Commitment: Behavioral Explanations in Ultimatum Games,"
Departmental Working Papers
6, United States Naval Academy Department of Economics.
- Pamela M. Schmitt & Robert S. Shupp & Kurtis J. Swope & Justin Mayer, 2005. "Personality Preferences and Pre-Commitment: Behavioral Explanations in Ultimatum Games," Working Papers 200503, Ball State University, Department of Economics, revised May 2005.
- Julia Muller & Christiane Schwieren, 2012. "What can the Big Five Personality Factors contribute to explain Small-Scale Economic Behavior?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-028/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Boone,Christophe & Olffen, van,Woody & Roijakkers,Nadine, 2002. "Locus of control and study program choice: evidence of personality sorting in educational choice," Research Memoranda 005, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Guillen, Pablo & Ji, Daniel, 2011. "Trust, discrimination and acculturation," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 594-608.
- René Fahr & Bernd Irlenbusch, 2008. "Identifying personality traits to enhance trust between organisations: an experimental approach," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(6), pages 469-487.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.