Exchange rate movements and the profitability of U.S. multinationals
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Money and Finance.
Volume (Year): 19 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Levinsohn, J. & Mackie-Mason, J.K., 1989.
"A Simple, Consistent Estimator For Disturbance Components In Financial Models,"
443, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Levinsohn, James & MacKie-Mason, Jeffrey K, 1990. "A Simple, Consistent Estimator for Disturbance Components in Financial Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(3), pages 516-20, August.
- Levinsohn, J. & Mackie-Mason, J.K., 1989. "A Simple, Consistent Estimate For Disturbance Components In Financial Models," Working Papers 243, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- James A. Levinsohn & Jeffrey K. MacKie-Mason, 1989. "A Simple, Consistent Estimator for Disturbance Components in Financial Models," NBER Technical Working Papers 0080, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Levinsohn, J. & Mackie-Mason, J., 1989. "A Simple, Consistent Estimator For Disturbance Components In Financial Models," Papers 89-16, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Meese, Richard A. & Rogoff, Kenneth, 1983. "Empirical exchange rate models of the seventies : Do they fit out of sample?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1-2), pages 3-24, February.
- Robert C. Merton, 1980.
"On Estimating the Expected Return on the Market: An Exploratory Investigation,"
NBER Working Papers
0444, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Merton, Robert C., 1980. "On estimating the expected return on the market : An exploratory investigation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 323-361, December.
- Grossman, Gene M & Levinsohn, James A, 1989.
"Import Competition and the Stock Market Return to Capital,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1065-87, December.
- Gene M. Grossman & James A. Levinsohn, 1990. "Import Competition and the Stock Market Return to Capital," NBER Working Papers 2420, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bodnar, Gordon M. & Gentry, William M., 1993. "Exchange rate exposure and industry characteristics: evidence from Canada, Japan, and the USA," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 29-45, February.
- Shapiro, Alan C, 1975. "Exchange Rate Changes, Inflation, and the Value of the Multinational Corporation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(2), pages 485-502, May.
- Khoo, Andrew, 1994. "Estimation of foreign exchange exposure: an application to mining companies in Australia," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 342-363, June.
- Jorion, Philippe, 1990. "The Exchange-Rate Exposure of U.S. Multinationals," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(3), pages 331-45, July.
- Richard C. Marston, 1996. "The Effects of Industry Structure on Economic Exposure," NBER Working Papers 5518, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marston, R.C., 1996. "The Effects of Industry Structure on Economic Exposure," Weiss Center Working Papers 96-3, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Chen, Cherry C. & So, Raymond W., 2002. "Exchange rate variability and the riskiness of US multinational firms: evidence from the Asian financial turmoil," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(4-5), pages 411-428.
- Alexandra HOROBET & Livia ILIE, 2009. "On The Exchange Rate Risk Contribution To The Performance Of International Investments: The Case Of Romania," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 3, pages 57-83, May.
- Jongen, R. & Muller, A. & Verschoor, W.F.C., 2012. "Using survey data to resolve the exchange risk exposure puzzle: Evidence from U.S. multinational firms," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 148-169.
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/3019 is not listed on IDEAS
- Makar, Stephen D. & Huffman, Stephen P., 2001. "Foreign exchange derivatives, exchange rate changes, and the value of the firm: U.S. multinationals' use of short-term financial instruments to manage currency risk," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 421-437.
- Bredin, Don & Hyde, Stuart, 2011.
"Investigating sources of unanticipated exposure in industry stock returns,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 1128-1142, May.
- Don Bredin & Stuart Hyde, 2010. "Investigating Sources of Unanticipated Exposure in Industry Stock Returns," Working Papers 201001, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Chen, Jianguo & Naylor, Michael & Lu, Xingshen, 2004. "Some insights into the foreign exchange pricing puzzle: Evidence from a small open economy," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 41-64, January.
- Bartram, Söhnke M. & Bodnar, Gordon, 2005. "The Exchange Rate Exposure Puzzle," MPRA Paper 6482, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Crabb, Peter R., 2002. "Multinational corporations and hedging exchange rate exposure," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 299-314.
- Ching-Chun Wei, 2008. "Multivariate GARCH modeling analysis of unexpected U.S. D, Yen and Euro-dollar to Reminibi volatility spillover to stock markets," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(64), pages 1-15.
- Muller, Aline & Verschoor, Willem F.C., 2006. "Foreign exchange risk exposure: Survey and suggestions," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 385-410, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.