Scale and scope efficiencies through hospital consolidations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 25 (2006)
Issue (Month): 6 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Manning, Willard G., 1998. "The logged dependent variable, heteroscedasticity, and the retransformation problem," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 283-295, June.
- A. W. Coats, 1996. "Conclusion," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 28(5), pages 395-400, Supplemen.
- Roller, Lars-Hendrik, 1990. "Proper Quadratic Cost Functions with an Application to the Bell System," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 202-10, May.
- Grannemann, Thomas W. & Brown, Randall S. & Pauly, Mark V., 1986. "Estimating hospital costs : A multiple-output analysis," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 107-127, June.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hanweck, Gerald A. & Humphrey, David B., 1987.
"Competitive viability in banking : Scale, scope, and product mix economies,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 501-520, December.
- Allen N. Berger & Gerald A. Hanweck & David B. Humphrey, 1986. "Competitive viability in banking: scale, scope, and product mix economies," Research Papers in Banking and Financial Economics 82, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rogowski, Jeannette A. & Newhouse, Joseph P., 1992. "Estimating the indirect costs of teaching," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 153-171, August.
- Grosskopf, Shawna & Hayes, Kathy & Yaisawarng, Suthathip, 1992. "Measuring Economies of Diversification: A Frontier Approach," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(4), pages 453-59, October.
- Vita, Michael G., 1990. "Exploring hospital production relationships with flexible functional forms," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1-21, June.
- Keeler, Theodore E & Ying, John S, 1996. "Hospital Costs and Excess Bed Capacity: A Statistical Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(3), pages 470-81, August.
- Denny, Michael & Pinto, Cheryl, 1978. "An Aggregate Model with Multi-Product Technologies," Histoy of Economic Thought Chapters, in: Fuss, Melvyn & McFadden, Daniel (ed.), Production Economics: A Dual Approach to Theory and Applications, volume 2, chapter 9 McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "Using Least Squares to Approximate Unknown Regression Functions," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(1), pages 149-70, February.
- Dranove, David, 1998. "Economies of scale in non-revenue producing cost centers: Implications for hospital mergers," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 69-83, January.
- Breyer, Friedrich, 1987. "The specification of a hospital cost function : A comment on the recent literature," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 147-157, June.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Given, Ruth S., 1996. "Economies of scale and scope as an explanation of merger and output diversification activities in the health maintenance organization industry," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 685-713, December.
- Braeutigam, Ronald R. & Daughety, Andrew F., 1983. "On the estimation of returns to scale using variable cost functions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 25-31.
- Pulley, Lawrence B & Braunstein, Yale M, 1992. "A Composite Cost Function for Multiproduct Firms with an Application to Economies of Scope in Banking," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(2), pages 221-30, May.
- Leleu, Hervé & Moises, James & Valdmanis, Vivian, 2012.
"Optimal productive size of hospital's intensive care units,"
International Journal of Production Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 136(2), pages 297-305.
- Hervé Leleu & James Moises & Vivian Valdmanis, 2011. "Optimal productive size of hospital’s intensive care units," Working Papers 2011-ECO-01, IESEG School of Management.
- Kristensen, Troels & Olsen, Kim Rose & Kilsmark, Jannie & Lauridsen, Jørgen T. & Pedersen, Kjeld Møller, 2012. "Economies of scale and scope in the Danish hospital sector prior to radical restructuring plans," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 120-126.
- Assaf, A. George & Josiassen, Alexander, 2012. "Time-varying production efficiency in the health care foodservice industry: A Bayesian method," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(5), pages 617-625.
- Chew Lian Chua & Alfons Palangkaraya & Jongsay Yong, 2011.
"Hospital Competition, Technical Efficiency and Quality,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 87(277), pages 252-268, 06.
- C. L. Chua & Alfons Palangkaraya & Jongsay Yong, 2009. "Hospital Competition, Technical Efficiency, and Quality," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2009n16, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Massimiliano Piacenza & Gilberto Turati & Davide Vannoni, 2007. "Hospital Industry Restructuring and Input Substitutability: Evidence from a Sample of Italian Hospitals," CERIS Working Paper 200703, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO).
- Massimo Filippini & Martin Koller & Urs Trinkner, 2010. "Do opening hours and unobserved heterogeneity affect economies of scale and scope in postal outlets?," Quaderni della facoltÃ di Scienze economiche dell'UniversitÃ di Lugano 1007, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Piacenza, Massimiliano & Turati, Gilberto & Vannoni, Davide, 2010. "Restructuring hospital industry to control public health care expenditure: The role of input substitutability," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 881-890, July.
- Mette Asmild & Bruce Hollingsworth & Stephen Birch, 2012.
"The scale of hospital production in different settings: One size does not fit all,"
MSAP Working Paper Series
04_2012, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Mette Asmild & Bruce Hollingsworth & Stephen Birch, 2013. "The scale of hospital production in different settings: one size does not fit all," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 197-206, October.
- Troels Kristensen & Peter Bogetoft & Kjeld Pedersen, 2010. "Potential gains from hospital mergers in Denmark," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 334-345, December.
- MORIKAWA Masayuki, 2010. "Economies of Scale and Hospital Productivity: An empirical analysis of medical area level panel data," Discussion papers 10050, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.