The demand for consumer health information
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 20 (2001)
Issue (Month): 6 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cauley, Stephen Day, 1987. "The Time Price of Medical Care," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(1), pages 59-66, February.
- George J. Stigler, 1961. "The Economics of Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69, pages 213.
- Kenkel, Donald S, 1991.
"Health Behavior, Health Knowledge, and Schooling,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(2), pages 287-305, April.
- Chee-Ruey Hsieh & Shin-Jong Lin, 1997. "Health Information and the Demand for Preventive Care among the Elderly in Taiwan," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 32(2), pages 303-333.
- Kenkel, Don, 1990. "Consumer Health Information and the Demand for Medical Care," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(4), pages 587-95, November.
- James Honaker & Gary King & Matthew Blackwell, . "Amelia II: A Program for Missing Data," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 45(i07).
- Vistnes, Jessica Primoff & Hamilton, Vivian, 1995. "The Time and Monetary Costs of Outpatient Care for Children," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 117-21, May.
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-55, March-Apr.
- Rosanna M. Coffey, 1983. "The Effect of Time Price on the Demand for Medical-Care Services," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 18(3), pages 407-424.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Zvi Griliches & Neal Rappaport, 1993. "Econometric Estimates of Prices Indexes for Personal Computers in the 1990s," NBER Working Papers 4549, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lukas, Daniel, 2010. "Patient autonomy and education in specific medical knowledge," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 07/10, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Heimeshoff, Mareike & Schreyögg, Jonas, 2013. "Estimation of a physician practice cost function," hche Research Papers 2013/07, Hamburg Center for Health Economics (hche), University of Hamburg.
- Bahar YASIN & Hilal OZEN, 2011. "Gender Differences in The Use of Internet for Health Information Search," Ege Academic Review, Ege University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, vol. 11(2), pages 229-240.
- Hai Fang & John Rizzo, 2010. "Has the influence of managed care waned? Evidence from the market for physician services," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 85-103, March.
- F. Barigozzi & R. Levaggi, 2006. "A Rationale for Searching (Imprecise) Health Information," Working Papers 559, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- M. Kate Bundorf & Laurence Baker & Sara Singer & Todd Wagner, 2004. "Consumer Demand for Health Information on the Internet," NBER Working Papers 10386, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dwyer, Debra Sabatini & Liu, Hong, 2013. "The impact of consumer health information on the demand for health services," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 1-11.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.