The demand for consumer health information
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 20 (2001)
Issue (Month): 6 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- George J. Stigler, 1961. "The Economics of Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69, pages 213.
- Chee-Ruey Hsieh & Shin-Jong Lin, 1997. "Health Information and the Demand for Preventive Care among the Elderly in Taiwan," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 32(2), pages 303-333.
- James Honaker & Gary King & Matthew Blackwell, . "Amelia II: A Program for Missing Data," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 45(i07).
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-55, March-Apr.
- Kenkel, D.S., 1988.
"Health Behavior, Health Knowledge, And Schooling,"
10-88-3, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Kenkel, Don, 1990. "Consumer Health Information and the Demand for Medical Care," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(4), pages 587-95, November.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Zvi Griliches & Neal Rappaport, 1995. "Econometric Estimates of Prices Indexes for Personal Computers in the 1990s," NBER Working Papers 4549, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cauley, Stephen Day, 1987. "The Time Price of Medical Care," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(1), pages 59-66, February.
- Rosanna M. Coffey, 1983. "The Effect of Time Price on the Demand for Medical-Care Services," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 18(3), pages 407-424.
- Vistnes, Jessica Primoff & Hamilton, Vivian, 1995. "The Time and Monetary Costs of Outpatient Care for Children," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 117-21, May.
- Lukas, Daniel, 2010. "Patient autonomy and education in specific medical knowledge," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 07/10, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Hai Fang & John Rizzo, 2010. "Has the influence of managed care waned? Evidence from the market for physician services," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 85-103, March.
- M. Kate Bundorf & Laurence Baker & Sara Singer & Todd Wagner, 2004. "Consumer Demand for Health Information on the Internet," NBER Working Papers 10386, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- F. Barigozzi & R. Levaggi, 2006. "A Rationale for Searching (Imprecise) Health Information," Working Papers 559, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Bahar YASIN & Hilal OZEN, 2011. "Gender Differences in The Use of Internet for Health Information Search," Ege Academic Review, Ege University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, vol. 11(2), pages 229-240.
- Heimeshoff, Mareike & Schreyögg, Jonas, 2013. "Estimation of a physician practice cost function," hche Research Papers 2013/07, Hamburg Center for Health Economics (hche), University of Hamburg.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.