Cost-benefit analysis and mammographic screening: a travel cost approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 17 (1998)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gertler, Paul & Locay, Luis & Sanderson, Warren, 1987.
"Are user fees regressive? : The welfare implications of health care financing proposals in Peru,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1-2), pages 67-88.
- Paul J. Gertler & Luis Locay & Warren C. Sanderson, 1987. "Are User Fees Regressive? The Welfare Implications of Health Care Financing Proposals in Peru," NBER Working Papers 2299, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McConnell, Kenneth E., 1985. "The economics of outdoor recreation," Handbook of Natural Resource and Energy Economics, in: A. V. Kneese† & J. L. Sweeney (ed.), Handbook of Natural Resource and Energy Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 15, pages 677-722 Elsevier.
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Johannesson, Magnus & Johansson, Per-Olov & Kristrom, Bengt & Gerdtham, Ulf-G., 1993. "Willingness to pay for antihypertensive therapy -- further results," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 95-108, April.
- Donaldson, Cam, 1990. "Willingness to pay for publicly-provided goods : A Possible Measure of Benefit?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 103-118, June.
- Johansson, Per-Olov, 1997. "On the use of market prices to evaluate medical treatments," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 609-615, October.
- Paul R. Portney, 1994. "The Contingent Valuation Debate: Why Economists Should Care," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 3-17, Fall.
- Acton, Jan Paul, 1975. "Nonmonetary Factors in the Demand for Medical Services: Some Empirical Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(3), pages 595-614, June.
- Johansson,Per-Olov, 1987. "The Economic Theory and Measurement of Environmental Benefits," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521348102, December.
- Harvey S. Rosen & Kenneth A. Small, 1981.
"Applied Welfare Economics with Discrete Choice Models,"
NBER Working Papers
0319, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Small, Kenneth A & Rosen, Harvey S, 1981. "Applied Welfare Economics with Discrete Choice Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(1), pages 105-30, January.
- Cummings, Ronald G & Harrison, Glenn W & Rutstrom, E Elisabet, 1995. "Homegrown Values and Hypothetical Surveys: Is the Dichotomous Choice Approach Incentive-Compatible?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 260-66, March.
- Hof, John G. & Lee, Robert D. & Dyer, A. Allen & Kent, Brian M., 1985. "An analysis of joint costs in a managed forest ecosystem," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 338-352, December.
- Ng, Y-K., 1991. "Efficiency Versus Equality: the Case for Aggregate Compensating Variations in Cost-Benefit Analysis," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 384, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Wales, T J & Woodland, A D, 1980. "Sample Selectivity and the Estimation of Labor Supply Functions," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(2), pages 437-68, June.
- Jeuland, Marc & Lucas, Marcelino & Clemens, John & Whittington, Dale, 2010. "Estimating the private benefits of vaccination against cholera in Beira, Mozambique: A travel cost approach," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 310-322, March.
- Wagner, Todd H. & Hu, Teh-wei & Duenas, Grace V. & Pasick, Rena J., 2000. "Willingness to pay for mammography: item development and testing among five ethnic groups," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 105-121, September.
- Kevin Frick, 2002. "Valuing improvements in lifetime endowments in markets with no borrowing," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 30(2), pages 191-195, June.
- Emma McIntosh, 2006. "Using Discrete Choice Experiments within a Cost-Benefit Analysis Framework," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 24(9), pages 855-868, September.
- Karine Lamiraud & Pierre-Yves Geoffard, 2007.
"Therapeutic non-adherence: a rational behavior revealing patient preferences?,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(11), pages 1185-1204.
- Karine Lamiraud & Pierre-Yves Geoffard, 2006. "Therapeutic non adherence: a rational behavior revealing patient preferences ?," PSE Working Papers halshs-00589121, HAL.
- Moger, Tron Anders & Kristiansen, Ivar Sønbø, 2012. "Direct and indirect costs of the Norwegian Breast Cancer Screening Program," HERO On line Working Paper Series 2012:3, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Catharina Hjortsberg, 2003. "Why do the sick not utilise health care? The case of Zambia," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(9), pages 755-770.
- Gabriel Leite Mota, 2007. "Why Should Happiness Have a Role in Welfare Economics? Happiness versus Orthodoxy and Capabilities," FEP Working Papers 253, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Emily Lancsar, 2002. "Deriving welfare measures from stated preference discrete choice modelling experiments, CHERE Discussion Paper No 48," Discussion Papers 48, CHERE, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Philip M. Clarke, 2002. "Testing the convergent validity of the contingent valuation and travel cost methods in valuing the benefits of health care," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 117-127.
- Wagner, Todd H. & Hu, Teh-wei & Duenas, Grace V. & Kaplan, Celia P. & Nguyen, Bang H. & Pasick, Rena J., 2001. "Does willingness to pay vary by race/ethnicity? An analysis using mammography among low-income women," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 275-288, December.
- Byung Kwang Yoo & Kevin Frick, 2005. "Determinants of influenza vaccination timing," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(8), pages 777-791.
- Vicenzo Carrieri & Marcel Bilger, 2009. "Preventive care: underused even when free. A tale from Italy," Research Papers by the Department of Economics, University of Geneva 2009.02, Département des Sciences Économiques, Université de Genève.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.