The demand for health with uncertainty and insurance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 17 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-55, March-Apr.
- Johannesson, Magnus, 1996. "A note on the relationship between ex ante and expected willingness to pay for health care," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 305-311, February.
- Léonard,Daniel & Long,Ngo van, 1992.
"Optimal Control Theory and Static Optimization in Economics,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521331586, December.
- Léonard,Daniel & Long,Ngo van, 1992. "Optimal Control Theory and Static Optimization in Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521337465, December.
- Valentino Dardanoni & Alan Wagstaff, 1987.
"Uncertainty and the demand for medical care,"
028chedp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Cropper, M L, 1977. "Health, Investment in Health, and Occupational Choice," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(6), pages 1273-94, December.
- Grossman, Michael, 1982. "The demand for health after a decade," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 1-3, May.
- Titus J. Galama & Hans van Kippersluis, 2010. "A Theory of Socioeconomic Disparities in Health over the Life Cycle," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-079/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Bolin, Kristian & Jacobson, Lena & Lindgren, Bjorn, 2002. "Employer investments in employee health: Implications for the family as health producer," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 563-583, July.
- Tabata, Ken & Ohkusa, Yasushi, 2000. "Correction note on "The demand for health with uncertainty and insurance"," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 811-820, September.
- Michael Grossman, 1999. "The Human Capital Model of the Demand for Health," NBER Working Papers 7078, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kristian Bolin & Bjorn Lindgren, 2012. "The Double Facetted Nature of Health Investments - Implications for Equilibrium and Stability in a Demand-for-Health Framework," NBER Working Papers 17789, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ariizumi, Hideki, 2008. "Effect of public long-term care insurance on consumption, medical care demand, and welfare," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1423-1435, December.
- Robert Rosenman, 2009.
"The Public Finance of Healthy Behavior,"
2009-18, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Christian Dustmann & Frank Windmeijer, 2000.
"Wages and the demand for health - a life cycle analysis,"
IFS Working Papers
W99/20, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Dustmann, Christian & Windmeijer, Frank, 2000. "Wages and the Demand for Health - A Life Cycle Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 171, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Peter Zweifel, 2012. "The Grossman model after 40 years," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 13(6), pages 677-682, December.
- Juergen Jung & Chung Tran, 2010.
"Medical Consumption Over the Life Cycle: Facts from a U.S. Medical Expenditure Panel Survey,"
2010-08, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Juergen Jung & Chung Tran, 2010. "Medical Consumption over the Life Cycle: Facts from a U.S. Medical Expenditure Panel Survey," Working Papers 2010-09, Towson University, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2013.
- Ali Asgary & Ken Willis & Ali Taghvaei & Mojtaba Rafeian, 2004. "Estimating rural households’ willingness to pay for health insurance," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 209-215, September.
- Jon Gjerde & Sverre Grepperud & Snorre Kverndokk, 2005. "On adaptation and the demand for health," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(11), pages 1283-1301.
- Hugo Benitez-Silva & Huan Ni, 2005. "Health Status and Health Dynamics in an Empirical Model of Expected Longevity," Department of Economics Working Papers 05-14, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Kristian Bolin & Daniel Hedblom & Anna Lindgren & Bjorn Lindgren, 2010. "Asymmetric Information and the Demand for Voluntary Health Insurance in Europe," NBER Working Papers 15689, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sidorenko, Alexandra, 2001. "Stochastic Model of Demand for Medical Care with Endogenous Labour Supply and Health Insurance," Departmental Working Papers 2001-08, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Hugo Benitez-Silva & Huan Ni, 2007. "Health Status and Health Dynamics in an Empirical Model of Expected Longevity," Department of Economics Working Papers 07-04, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Benitez-Silva, Hugo & Ni, Huan, 2008. "Health status and health dynamics in an empirical model of expected longevity," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 564-584, May.
- Lukas, Daniel, 2010. "Patient autonomy and education in specific medical knowledge," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 07/10, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.