Uncertainty and investment in health
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 15 (1996)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sandmo, Agnar, 1970. "The Effect of Uncertainty on Saving Decisions," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(3), pages 353-60, July.
- Sandmo, Agnar, 1969. "Capital Risk, Consumption, and Portfolio Choice," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(4), pages 586-99, October.
- Brock, William A. & Mirman, Leonard J., 1972. "Optimal economic growth and uncertainty: The discounted case," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 479-513, June.
- Wolfe, John R, 1985. "A Model of Declining Health and Retirement," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(6), pages 1258-67, December.
- Selden, Thomas M., 1993. "Uncertainty and health care spending by the poor: The health capital model revisited," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 109-115, April.
- Dardanoni, Valentino & Wagstaff, Adam, 1987. "Uncertainty, inequalities in health and the demand for health," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 283-290, December.
- Ehrlich, Isaac & Chuma, Hiroyuki, 1990. "A Model of the Demand for Longevity and the Value of Life Extension," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(4), pages 761-82, August.
- Cropper, M L, 1977. "Health, Investment in Health, and Occupational Choice," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(6), pages 1273-94, December.
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-55, March-Apr.
- Tabata, Ken & Ohkusa, Yasushi, 2000. "Correction note on "The demand for health with uncertainty and insurance"," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 811-820, September.
- Ansgar Wübker, 2012.
"Explaining Variations in Breast Cancer Screening Across European Countries,"
Ruhr Economic Papers
0370, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Wuebker, A.;, 2012. "Explaining variations in breast cancer screening across European countries," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 12/26, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Gomez, Miguel I. & Ranney, Christine K., 2002. "Effects Of Food And Health Spending Patterns On The Health Of The Elderly," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19608, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Achyuta Adhvaryu & Anant Nyshadham, 2011.
"Healthcare Choices, Information and Health Outcomes,"
994, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Adhvaryu, Achyuta & Nyshadham, Anant, 2011. "Healthcare Choices, Information and Health Outcomes," Working Papers 88, Yale University, Department of Economics.
- Juergen Jung & Chung Tran, 2010.
"Medical Consumption over the Life Cycle: Facts from a U.S. Medical Expenditure Panel Survey,"
2010-09, Towson University, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2013.
- Juergen Jung & Chung Tran, 2010. "Medical Consumption Over the Life Cycle: Facts from a U.S. Medical Expenditure Panel Survey," Discussion Papers 2010-08, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Chang, Fwu-Ranq, 2005.
"A theory of health investment under competing mortality risks,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 449-463, May.
- Fwu-Ranq Chang, 2002. "A Theory of Health Investment under Competing Mortality Risks," CESifo Working Paper Series 669, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gomez, Miguel I. & Ranney, Christine K., 2002. "Effects of Food and Health Spending Patterns on the Health of the Elderly," Working Papers 127306, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Neil J. Buckley & Katherine Cuff & Jeremiah Hurley & Logan McLeod & Stuart Mestelman & David Cameron, 2012.
"An Experimental Investigation of Mixed Systems of Public and Private Health Care Finance,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
2012-02, McMaster University.
- Buckley, Neil J. & Cuff, Katherine & Hurley, Jeremiah & McLeod, Logan & Mestelman, Stuart & Cameron, David, 2012. "An experimental investigation of mixed systems of public and private health care finance," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 84(3), pages 713-729.
- Lukas, Daniel, 2010. "Patient autonomy and education in specific medical knowledge," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 07/10, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Luis Eeckhoudt & Christian Gollier & Giovanni Immordino, 2001. "How Diagnostic Tests Affect Prevention: a Cost-Benefit Analysis," CSEF Working Papers 53, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Takao Asano & Akihisa Shibata, 2010.
"Risk and Uncertainty in Health Investment,"
KIER Working Papers
696, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Suren Basov, 2002. "Heterogenous Human Capital: Life Cycle Investment in Health and Education," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 838, The University of Melbourne.
- Kristian Bolin & Bjorn Lindgren, 2012. "The Double Facetted Nature of Health Investments - Implications for Equilibrium and Stability in a Demand-for-Health Framework," NBER Working Papers 17789, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kristian Bolin & Daniel Hedblom & Anna Lindgren & Bjorn Lindgren, 2010. "Asymmetric Information and the Demand for Voluntary Health Insurance in Europe," NBER Working Papers 15689, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Picone, Gabriel & Uribe, Martin & Mark Wilson, R., 1998. "The effect of uncertainty on the demand for medical care, health capital and wealth," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 171-185, April.
- Michael Grossman, 1999. "The Human Capital Model of the Demand for Health," NBER Working Papers 7078, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bolin, Kristian & Jacobson, Lena & Lindgren, Bjorn, 2002. "Employer investments in employee health: Implications for the family as health producer," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 563-583, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.