Household-level determinants of adoption of improved natural resources management practices among smallholder farmers in western Kenya
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Food Policy.
Volume (Year): 32 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lisa A. Cameron, 1999. "The Importance of Learning in the Adoption of High-Yielding Variety Seeds," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(1), pages 83-94.
- Soule, M. J. & Shepherd, K. D., 2000. "An ecological and economic analysis of phosphorus replenishment for Vihiga Division, western Kenya," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 83-98, May.
- Franzel, S. & Coe, R. & Cooper, P. & Place, F. & Scherr, S. J., 2001. "Assessing the adoption potential of agroforestry practices in sub-Saharan Africa," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 69(1-2), pages 37-62.
- Mark Rosenzweig & Andrew D. Foster, .
"Learning by Doing and Learning from Others: Human Capital and Technical Change in Agriculture,"
_068, University of Pennsylvania.
- Foster, Andrew D & Rosenzweig, Mark R, 1995. "Learning by Doing and Learning from Others: Human Capital and Technical Change in Agriculture," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(6), pages 1176-1209, December.
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard E & Zilberman, David, 1985. "Adoption of Agricultural Innovations in Developing Countries: A Survey," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 255-98, January.
- Moser, Christine M. & Barrett, Christopher B., 2003. "The disappointing adoption dynamics of a yield-increasing, low external-input technology: the case of SRI in Madagascar," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 1085-1100, June.
- Peter Kennedy, 2003. "A Guide to Econometrics, 5th Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 5, volume 1, number 026261183x, June.
- Besley, Timothy & Case, Anne, 1993. "Modeling Technology Adoption in Developing Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 396-402, May.
- Moser, Christine M. & Barrett, Christopher B., 2003.
"The Complex Dynamics Of Smallholder Technology Adoption: The Case Of Sri In Madagascar,"
14735, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Christine M. Moser & Christopher B. Barrett, 2006. "The complex dynamics of smallholder technology adoption: the case of SRI in Madagascar," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 35(3), pages 373-388, November.
- Neill, Sean P & Lee, David R, 2001. "Explaining the Adoption and Disadoption of Sustainable Agriculture: The Case of Cover Crops in Northern Honduras," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 49(4), pages 793-820, July.
- Timothy Conley & Udry Christopher, 2001. "Social Learning Through Networks: The Adoption of New Agricultural Technologies in Ghana," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 668-673.
- Place, Frank & Barrett, Christopher B. & Freeman, H. Ade & Ramisch, Joshua J. & Vanlauwe, Bernard, 2003. "Prospects for integrated soil fertility management using organic and inorganic inputs: evidence from smallholder African agricultural systems," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 365-378, August.
- Christopher Barrett & Paswel Phiri Marenya & John Mcpeak & Bart Minten & Festus Murithi & Willis Oluoch-Kosura & Frank Place & Jean Claude Randrianarisoa & Jhon Rasambainarivo & Justine Wangila, 2006. "Welfare dynamics in rural Kenya and Madagascar," The Journal of Development Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 248-277.
- P. Kristjanson & I. Okike & S. Tarawali & B. B. Singh & V. M. Manyong, 2005. "Farmers' perceptions of benefits and factors affecting the adoption of improved dual-purpose cowpea in the dry savannas of Nigeria," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(2), pages 195-210, 03.
- Hoque, Mohammad Mainul & Artz, Georgeanne M. & Martens, Bobby J. & Jarboe, Darren H., 2013. "Essentials for Producer Participation in Biomass Markets When Choices are Correlated," 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida 142747, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Odendo, Martins & Obare, Gideon A. & Salasya, Beatrice, 2010. "Determinants of the Speed of Adoption of Soil Fertility-Enhancing Technologies in Western Kenya," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 96192, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE) & Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- Abdulai, Awudu & Owusu, Victor & Goetz, Renan, 2008. "Property rights and investment in agriculture: Evidence for Ghana," MPRA Paper 37046, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Epiphane Sodjinou & Arne Henningsen, 2012. "Community-Based Management and Interrelations between Different Technology Adoption Decisions: Innovations in Village Poultry Farming in Western Africa," IFRO Working Paper 2012/11, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Otieno, Zipora & Okello, Julius & Nyikal, Rose & Mwang'ombe, Agnes & Clavel, Daniele, 2011. "The role of varietal traits in the adoption of improved dryland crop varieties: The case of pigeon pea in Kenya," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 6(2), September.
- Kassie, Menale & Jaleta, Moti & Shiferaw, Bekele & Mmbando, Frank & Muricho, Geoffrey, 2012. "Plot and Household-Level Determinants of Sustainable Agricultural Practices in Rural Tanzania," Discussion Papers dp-12-02-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Liverpool, Lenis Saweda O. & Winter-Nelson, Alex, 2010.
"Poverty status and the impact of social networks on smallholder technology adoption in rural Ethiopia,"
IFPRI discussion papers
970, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Liverpool, Saweda & Winter-Nelson, Alex, 2009. "Poverty status and the impact of social networks on smallholder technology adoption in rural Ethiopia," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49357, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Zeng, Di & Alwang, Jeffrey & Norton, George & Shiferaw, Bekele & Jaleta, Moti & Yirga, Chilot, 2013. "Ex-Post Impacts of Improved Maize Varieties on Poverty in Rural Ethiopia," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149823, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Hailemariam, Teklewold & Kassie, Menale & Shiferaw, Bekele A., 2012. "On the joint estimation of multiple adoption decisions: The case of sustainable agricultural technologies and practices in Ethiopia," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126885, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:ags:iaae12:126829 is not listed on IDEAS
- Olale, Edward & Cranfield, John A.L., 2009. "The Role of Income Diversification, Transaction Cost and Production Risk in Fertilizer Market Participation," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 49929, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Larson, Donald F. & Dinar, Ariel & Frisbie, J. Aapris, 2011. "Agriculture and the clean development mechanism," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5621, The World Bank.
- Ketema, Mengistu & Bauer, Siegfried, 0. "Determinants of Manure and Fertilizer Applications in Eastern Highlands of Ethiopia," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, vol. 50.
- Abdulai, Awudu & Owusu, Victor & Goetz, Renan, 2011. "Land tenure differences and investment in land improvement measures: Theoretical and empirical analyses," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 66-78, September.
- Timu, Anne G. & Mulwa, Richard M. & Okello, Julius Juma & Kamau, Mercy W., 2012. "The Role of Varietal Attributes on Adoption of Improved Seed Varieties. The Case of Sorghum in Kenya," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 123301, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Wollni, Meike & Andersson, Camilla, 2013. "Spatial effects in organic agriculture adoption in Honduras: the role of social conformity, positive externalities, and information," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149911, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Kamau, Mercy & Smale, Melinda & Mutua, Mercy, 2013. "Farmer Demand for Soil Fertility Management Practices in Kenya’s Grain Basket," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150722, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Mathenge, Mary K. & Smale, Melinda & Opiyo, Joseph, 2013. "Off-farm Work and Fertilizer Intensification among Smallholder Farmers in Kenya: A Cross-Crop Comparison," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150638, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Wollni, Meike & Andersson, Camilla, 2013. "Spatial patterns of organic agriculture adoption: evidence from Honduras," Discussion Papers 146715, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Thuo, Mary & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Hathie, Ibrahima & Obeng-Asiedu, Patrick, 2011. "Adoption of chemical fertilizer by smallholder farmers in the peanut basin of Senegal," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 6(1), March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.