High animal welfare standards in the EU and international trade - How to prevent potential `low animal welfare havens'?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Food Policy.
Volume (Year): 32 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baumol,William J. & Oates,Wallace E., 1988. "The Theory of Environmental Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521311120, October.
- Codron, Jean-Marie & Giraud-Heraud, Eric & Soler, Louis-Georges, 2005. "Minimum quality standards, premium private labels, and European meat and fresh produce retailing," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 270-283, June.
- Brown, K.D. & Deardorff, A.V. & Stern, R.M., 1997.
"Trade and Labor Standards,"
394, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Susanne Dröge, 2001. "Ecological Labelling and the World Trade Organization," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 242, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Tacken, G.M.L. & Cotteleer, Geerte & van Horne, Peter L.M., 2003. "The future of the Dutch egg processing industry," Report Series 29137, Agricultural Economics Research Institute.
- Kyle Bagwell & Robert W. Staiger, 2001.
"Domestic Policies, National Sovereignty, And International Economic Institutions,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 116(2), pages 519-562, May.
- Kyle Bagwell & Robert W. Staiger, 1999. "Domestic Policies, National Sovereignty and International Economic Institutions," NBER Working Papers 7293, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Bennett, 1995. "The Value Of Farm Animal Welfare," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 46-60.
- repec:fth:michin:394 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maskus, Keith E. & Penubarti, Mohan, 1995. "How trade-related are intellectual property rights?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 227-248, November.
- Drusilla K. Brown, 2001.
"Labor Standards: Where Do They Belong on the International Trade Agenda?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 15(3), pages 89-112, Summer.
- Drusilla K. Brown & Alan V. Deardorff & Robert M. Stern, 2001. "Labor Standards: Where Do They Belong on the International Trade Agenda?," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0113, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Theuvsen, Ludwig & Essmann, Sandra & Brand-Sassen, Henning, 2005. "Livestock Husbandry between Ethics and Economics: Finding a Feasible Way Out by Target Costing?," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24598, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Keith Maskus, 2000. "Regulatory Standards in the WTO," Working Paper Series WP00-1, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Baumol,William J. & Oates,Wallace E., 1988. "The Theory of Environmental Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521322249, October.
- Low, P., 1992. "International Trade and the Environment," World Bank - Discussion Papers 159, World Bank.
- Biermann, Frank, 1999. "Internationale Umweltverträge im Welthandelsrecht: zur ökologischen Reform der Welthandelsorganisation anläßlich der geplanten Millenniumsrunde," Discussion Papers, Research Professorship Environmental Policy FS II 99-403, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Maskus, Keith E., 1997. "Should core labor standards be imposed through international trade policy?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1817, The World Bank.
- Stephen S. Golub, 1997. "International Labor Standards and International Trade," IMF Working Papers 97/37, International Monetary Fund.
- Majewski, Edward & Malak-Rawlikowska, Agata & Gebska, Monkia & Hamulczuk, Mariusz & Harvey, David R., 2012. "Cost-Effectiveness Assesment Of Improving Animal Welfare Standards In European Agriculture," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126741, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Tonsor, Glynn T. & Wolf, Christopher A., 2011. "On mandatory labeling of animal welfare attributes," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 430-437, June.
- Tonsor, Glynn T. & Olynk, Nicole J. & Wolf, Christopher A., 2008. "Consumer Preferences for Animal Welfare Attributes: Case of Gestation Crates," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6062, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Zahrnt, Valentin, 2009. "Public Money for Public Goods: Winners and Losers from CAP Reform," ECIPE Working Papers 51300, European Centre for International Political Economy (ECIPE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.