High animal welfare standards in the EU and international trade - How to prevent potential `low animal welfare havens'?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Food Policy.
Volume (Year): 32 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Low, P., 1992. "International Trade and the Environment," World Bank - Discussion Papers 159, World Bank.
- repec:fth:michin:394 is not listed on IDEAS
- Drusilla Brown & Alan Deardorff & Robert Stern, 1998.
"Trade and Labor Standards,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 171-194, April.
- Baumol,William J. & Oates,Wallace E., 1988. "The Theory of Environmental Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521322249, December.
- Maskus, Keith E. & Penubarti, Mohan, 1995. "How trade-related are intellectual property rights?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 227-248, November.
- Keith Maskus, 2000. "Regulatory Standards in the WTO," Working Paper Series WP00-1, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Richard Bennett, 1995. "The Value Of Farm Animal Welfare," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 46-60.
- Baumol,William J. & Oates,Wallace E., 1988. "The Theory of Environmental Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521311120, December.
- Stephen S. Golub, 1997. "International Labor Standards and International Trade," IMF Working Papers 97/37, International Monetary Fund.
- Drusilla K. Brown, 2001.
"Labor Standards: Where Do They Belong on the International Trade Agenda?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 15(3), pages 89-112, Summer.
- Drusilla K. Brown & Alan V. Deardorff & Robert M. Stern, 2001. "Labor Standards: Where Do They Belong on the International Trade Agenda?," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0113, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Maskus, Keith E., 1997. "Should core labor standards be imposed through international trade policy?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1817, The World Bank.
- Theuvsen, Ludwig & Essmann, Sandra & Brand-Sassen, Henning, 2005. "Livestock Husbandry between Ethics and Economics: Finding a Feasible Way Out by Target Costing?," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24598, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Tacken, G.M.L. & Cotteleer, Geerte & van Horne, Peter L.M., 2003. "The future of the Dutch egg processing industry," Report Series 29137, Agricultural Economics Research Institute.
- Codron, Jean-Marie & Giraud-Heraud, Eric & Soler, Louis-Georges, 2005. "Minimum quality standards, premium private labels, and European meat and fresh produce retailing," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 270-283, June.
- Susanne Dröge, 2001. "Ecological Labelling and the World Trade Organization," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 242, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Tonsor, Glynn T. & Olynk, Nicole J. & Wolf, Christopher A., 2008. "Consumer Preferences for Animal Welfare Attributes: Case of Gestation Crates," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6062, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Zahrnt, Valentin, 2009. "Public Money for Public Goods: Winners and Losers from CAP Reform," ECIPE Working Papers 51300, European Centre for International Political Economy (ECIPE).
- Majewski, Edward & Malak-Rawlikowska, Agata & Gebska, Monkia & Hamulczuk, Mariusz & Harvey, David R., 2012. "Cost-Effectiveness Assesment Of Improving Animal Welfare Standards In European Agriculture," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126741, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.