Does stock price elasticity affect corporate financial decisions?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 52 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mayshar, Joram, 1981. "Transaction Costs and the Pricing of Assets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(3), pages 583-97, June.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Kalay, Avner & Shimrat, Adam, 1987. "Firm value and seasoned equity issues : Price pressure, wealth redistribution, or negative information," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 109-126, September.
- Stulz, ReneM., 1988. "Managerial control of voting rights : Financing policies and the market for corporate control," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 25-54, January.
- Varian, Hal R, 1985. " Divergence of Opinion in Complete Markets: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(1), pages 309-17, March.
- Bagwell, Laurie Simon & Shoven, John B, 1989. "Cash Distributions to Shareholders," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 129-40, Summer.
- Vermaelen, Theo, 1981. "Common stock repurchases and market signalling : An empirical study," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 139-183, June.
- McCallum, Bennett T, 1976. "Rational Expectations and the Natural Rate Hypothesis: Some Consistent Estimates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(1), pages 43-52, January.
- Michael J. Brennan & Anjan V. Thakor, 2004.
"Shareholder Preferences and Dividend Policy,"
- Shleifer, Andrei, 1986. " Do Demand Curves for Stocks Slope Down?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 579-90, July.
- Persons, John C, 1994. " Signaling and Takeover Deterrence with Stock Repurchases: Dutch Auctions versus Fixed Price Tender Offers," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1373-1402, September.
- Hausch, Donald B & Seward, James K, 1993. "Signaling with Dividends and Share Repurchases: A Choice between Deterministic and Stochastic Cash Disbursements," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(1), pages 121-54.
- Laurie Simon Bagwell, 1991. "Share Repurchase and Takeover Deterrence," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 22(1), pages 72-88, Spring.
- Bagwell, Laurie Simon, 1992. " Dutch Auction Repurchases: An Analysis of Shareholder Heterogeneity," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 71-105, March.
- Kamma, Sreenivas & Kanatas, George & Raymar, Steven, 1992. "Dutch auction versus fixed-price self-tender offers for common stock," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 277-307, September.
- Mayshar, Joram, 1979. "Transaction Costs in a Model of Capital Market Equilibrium," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(4), pages 673-700, August.
- Brown, David T & Ryngaert, Michael D, 1992. "The Determinants of Tendering Rates in Interfirm and Self-Tender Offers," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65(4), pages 529-56, October.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1986. "Asset pricing and the bid-ask spread," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 223-249, December.
- Bradley, Michael & Desai, Anand & Kim, E. Han, 1988. "Synergistic gains from corporate acquisitions and their division between the stockholders of target and acquiring firms," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 3-40, May.
- Holthausen, Robert W. & Leftwich, Richard W. & Mayers, David, 1990. "Large-block transactions, the speed of response, and temporary and permanent stock-price effects," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 71-95, July.
- Dann, Larry Y., 1981. "Common stock repurchases : An analysis of returns to bondholders and stockholders," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 113-138, June.
- Loderer, Claudio & Cooney, John W & van Drunen, Leonard D, 1991. " The Price Elasticity of Demand for Common Stock," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 621-51, June.
- Baker, Malcolm & Coval, Joshua & Stein, Jeremy C., 2007.
"Corporate financing decisions when investors take the path of least resistance,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 266-298, May.
- Malcolm Baker & Joshua Coval & Jeremy C. Stein, 2004. "Corporate Financing Decisions When Investors Take the Path of Least Resistance," NBER Working Papers 10998, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oded, Jacob, 2011. "Stock repurchases: How firms choose between a self tender offer and an open-market program," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 3174-3187.
- Gao, Xiaohui & Ritter, Jay R., 2010. "The marketing of seasoned equity offerings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 33-52, July.
- Ang, James S. & Kraizberg, Elli, 2004. "An analysis of a strategy for management to separate and reward supportive shareholders," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 639-658, September.
- Eli Ofek & Matthew Richardson, 2000. "The IPO Lock-Up Period: Implications for Market Efficiency And Downward Sloping Demand Curves," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-054, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Rocholl, Jrg, 2009. "A friend in need is a friend indeed: Allocation and demand in IPO bookbuilding," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 284-310, April.
- William Gentry & David M. Schizer, 2002. "Frictions and Tax-Motivated Hedging: An Empirical Exploration of Publicly-Traded Exchangeable Securities," NBER Working Papers 9243, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kalay, Avner & Sade, Orly & Wohl, Avi, 2004. "Measuring stock illiquidity: An investigation of the demand and supply schedules at the TASE," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 461-486, December.
- Gow-Cheng Huang & Kartono Liano & Ming-Shiun Pan, 2011. "REIT Stock Splits and Liquidity Changes," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 43(4), pages 527-547, November.
- Mann, Steven V. & Powers, Eric A., 2007. "Determinants of bond tender premiums and the percentage tendered," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 547-566, March.
- Chen, Hsuan-Chi & Dai, Na & Schatzberg, John D., 2010. "The choice of equity selling mechanisms: PIPEs versus SEOs," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 104-119, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.