Duration of the time to reconviction: Evidence from UK prisoner discharge data
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Criminal Justice.
Volume (Year): 35 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcrimjus
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Taxman, Faye S. & Piquero, Alex, 1998. "On preventing drunk driving recidivism: an examination of rehabilitation and punishment approaches," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 129-143, March.
- R. Henderson & P. Oman, 1999. "Effect of frailty on marginal regression estimates in survival analysis," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 61(2), pages 367-379.
- Keeler, Emmett B. & Manning, Willard G. & Wells, Kenneth B., 1988. "The demand for episodes of mental health services," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 369-392, December.
- Lo, Celia C., 2004. "Sociodemographic factors, drug abuse, and other crimes: How they vary among male and female arrestees," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 399-409.
- Witte, Ann Dryden, 1983. "Estimating the Economic Model of Crime: Reply," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 98(1), pages 167-75, February.
- Jyh-Yaw Joseph Chen & David E.A. Giles, 2003.
"Gender Convergence in Crime: Evidence From Canadian Adult Offence Charge Data,"
Econometrics Working Papers
0303, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Chen, Jyh-Yaw Joseph & Giles, David E.A., 2004. "Gender convergence in crime: Evidence from Canadian adult offense charge data," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 593-606.
- Piquero, Nicole Leeper, 2003. "A recidivism analysis of Maryland's community probation program," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 295-307.
- Benda, Brent B. & Toombs, Nancy J., 2002. "Two preeminent theoretical models: A proportional hazard rate analysis of recidivism," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 217-228.
- Andrew M. Jones, 2012.
The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics,
- Kennan, John, 1985. "The duration of contract strikes in U.S. manufacturing," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 5-28, April.
- Stolzenberg, Lisa & D'Alessio, Stewart J., 2004. "Sex differences in the likelihood of arrest," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 443-454.
- Kiefer, Nicholas M & Lundberg, Shelly J & Neumann, George R, 1985.
"How Long Is a Spell of Unemployment? Illusions and Biases in the Use of CPS Data,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 3(2), pages 118-28, April.
- Nicholas M. Kiefer & Shelly J. Lundberg & George R. Neumann, 1984. "How Long is a Spell of Unemployment?: Illusions and Biases in the Use of CPS Data," NBER Working Papers 1467, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Forster & Andrew Jones, 2000.
"The role of tobacco taxes in starting and quitting smoking: duration analysis of British data,"
176chedp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Martin Forster & Andrew M. Jones, 2001. "The role of tobacco taxes in starting and quitting smoking: Duration analysis of British data," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 164(3), pages 517-547.
- Gary S. Becker, 1974.
"Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach,"
in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 1-54
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Meyers, Samuel L, Jr, 1983. "Estimating the Economic Model of Crime: Employment versus Punishment Effects," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 98(1), pages 157-66, February.
- Sider, Hal, 1985. "Unemployment Duration and Incidence: 1968-82," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 461-72, June.
- Benda, Brent B. & Toombs, Nancy J. & Whiteside, Leanne, 1996. "Recidivism among boot camp graduates: A comparison of drug offenders to other offenders," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 241-253.
- Benjamin Monnery, 2013.
"The determinants of recidivism among ex-prisoners: a survival analysis on French data,"
- Benjamin Monnery, 2013. "The determinants of recidivism among ex-prisoners: a survival analysis on French data," Working Papers 1320, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique (GATE), Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), Université Lyon 2, Ecole Normale Supérieure.
- Saputra, Sony & Pradiptyo, Rimawan, 2012. "On Assessment of the Supreme Court Decisions in Tackling Substance Misuse in Indonesia," MPRA Paper 36381, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Synøve Nygaard Andersen & Torbjørn Skardhamar, 2014. "Pick a number. Mapping recidivism measures and their consequences," Discussion Papers 772, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Yonai, Shachar & Levine, Stephen Z. & Glicksohn, Joseph, 2013. "A national population based examination of the association between age-versatility trajectories and recidivism rates," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 467-476.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.