The EU's attitude towards Eastern Enlargement in space
AbstractThis paper analyzes empirically the determinants of the EU countries' attitude towards enlargement during the pre-enlargement phase. The empirical specification is motivated from the perspectives of old and new trade theory. A variety of spatial econometric estimators is employed to assess the importance of the trade-related determinants as well as the extent of spatial dependence in the EU's opinion on accession countries. This spatial approach enables us to differentiate between straightforward direct effects on the one hand and feedback effects related to space and geography. Journal of Comparative Economics 36 (1) (2008) 142-156.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Comparative Economics.
Volume (Year): 36 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622864
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Katja Neugebauer, 2011.
"Banks in Space: Does Distance Really Affect Cross-Border Banking?,"
IAW Discussion Papers
70, Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW).
- Katja Neugebauer, 2011. "Banks in Space: Does Distance Really Affect Cross-Border Banking?," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1227, European Regional Science Association.
- Richard Frensch & Jan Hanousek & Evzen Kocenda, 2013.
"Specialization, gravity, and European trade in final goods,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
wp1054, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Richard Frensch & Jan Hanousek & Evžen Kočenda, 2012. "Specialization, gravity, and European trade in final goods," Working Papers 320, Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and South-East European Studies).
- Katja Neugebauer, 2010. "Banks in Space: Does Distance Really Affect Cross-Border Banking?," Working Paper / FINESS 2.5, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Borsky, Stefan & Raschky, Paul A., 2012. "A Spatial Econometric Analysis of Compliance with an International Environmental Agreement on an Open Access Resource," 2012 Conference (56th), February 7-10, 2012, Freemantle, Australia 124425, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Stefan Borsky & Paul A. Raschky, 2011.
"A Spatial Econometric Analysis of Compliance with an International Environmental Agreement on Open Access Resources,"
2011-10, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Stefan Borsky & Paul A. Raschky, 2011. "A Spatial Econometric Analysis of Compliance with an International Environmental Agreement on Open Access Resources," Development Research Unit Working Paper Series 05-11, Monash University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.