Marketing accountability: Linking marketing actions to financial results
AbstractThis plenary address to the Society for Marketing Advances calls on the marketing discipline to be accountable, link its contributions to financial performance, and assert the value it contributes to the firm. The paper suggests a process for developing causal links among marketing activities, intermediate marketing outcomes, and financial performance metrics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Research.
Volume (Year): 62 (2009)
Issue (Month): 6 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres
Marketing Firm Cash flow Accountability Marketing effectiveness Return on marketing investment;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sheth, Jagdish N. & Sisodia, Rajendra S., 2002. "Marketing productivity: issues and analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(5), pages 349-362, May.
- Marnik G. Dekimpe & Dominique M. Hanssens, 1995. "The Persistence of Marketing Effects on Sales," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(1), pages 1-21.
- Dekimpe, M.G. & Hanssens, D., 1995. "The persistence of marketing effects on sales," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-358916, Tilburg University.
- Randolph E. Bucklin & Sunil Gupta, 1999. "Commercial Use of UPC Scanner Data: Industry and Academic Perspectives," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(3), pages 247-273.
- Park, Hyun-Soo & Auh, Seigyoung & Maher, Amro A. & Singhapakdi, Anusorn, 2012. "Marketing's accountability and internal legitimacy: Implications for firm performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(11), pages 1576-1582.
- De Maeyer, Peter & Estelami, Hooman, 2011. "Consumer perceptions of third party product quality ratings," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(10), pages 1067-1073, October.
- Hoffmann, Arvid O.I. & Pennings, Joost M.E. & Wies, Simone, 2011. "Relationship marketing's role in managing the firm-investor dyad," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(8), pages 896-903, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.