Atmospheric Effects on Shopping Behavior: A Review of the Experimental Evidence
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Research.
Volume (Year): 49 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Grossbart, Sanford & Hampton, Ronald & Rammohan, B. & Lapidus, Richard S., 1990. "Environmental dispositions and customer response to store atmospherics," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 225-241, November.
- Hui, Michael K & Bateson, John E G, 1991. " Perceived Control and the Effects of Crowding and Consumer Choice on the Service Experience," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(2), pages 174-84, September.
- Belk, Russell W, 1975. " Situational Variables and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(3), pages 157-64, December.
- Simonson, Itamar & Winer, Russell S, 1992. " The Influence of Purchase Quantity and Display Format on Consumer Preference for Variety," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(1), pages 133-38, June.
- Grossbart, Sanford L. & Mittelstaedt, Robert A. & Curtis, William W. & Rogers, Robert D., 1975. "Environmental sensitivity and shopping behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 281-294, October.
- Bateson, John E G & Hui, Michael K, 1992. " The Ecological Validity of Photographic Slides and Videotapes in Simulating the Service Setting," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(2), pages 271-81, September.
- Chebat, Jean-Charles & Filiatrault, Pierre & Gelinas-Chebat, Claire & Vaninsky, Alexander, 1995. "Impact of waiting attribution and consumer's mood on perceived quality," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 191-196, November.
- Beverland, Michael & Lim, Elison Ai Ching & Morrison, Michael & Terziovski, Mile, 2006. "In-store music and consumer-brand relationships: Relational transformation following experiences of (mis)fit," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(9), pages 982-989, September.
- Michon, Richard & Chebat, Jean-Charles & Turley, L. W., 2005. "Mall atmospherics: the interaction effects of the mall environment on shopping behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(5), pages 576-583, May.
- Kevin Bradford & Debra Desrochers, 2009. "The Use of Scents to Influence Consumers: The Sense of Using Scents to Make Cents," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 90(2), pages 141-153, November.
- Philippa Ward & Barry Davies & Dion Kooijman, 2007. "Olfaction and the retail environment: examining the influence of ambient scent," Service Business, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 295-316, December.
- Gad Saad, 2006. "Applying evolutionary psychology in understanding the Darwinian roots of consumption phenomena," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(2-3), pages 189-201.
- Dailey, Lynn, 2004. "Navigational web atmospherics: Explaining the influence of restrictive navigation cues," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(7), pages 795-803, July.
- Hanks, Andrew S. & Just, David R. & Wansink, Brian, 2012. "Trigger Foods: The Influence of â€œIrrelevantâ€ Alternatives in School Lunchrooms," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 41(1), April.
- Edem Maxwell Azila-Gbettor & Simon Mesa Kwodjo Avorga & Lydia Sylvia Danku & Eli Ayawo Atatsi, 2013. "Physical Evidence and Quality Service Delivery in Public Hospitals in Ghana," International Review of Management and Marketing, Econjournals, vol. 3(4), pages 153 - 163.
- Rosenbaum, Mark S. & Montoya, Detra Y., 2007. "Am I welcome here? Exploring how ethnic consumers assess their place identity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 206-214, March.
- Jang, SooCheong (Shawn) & Namkung, Young, 2009. "Perceived quality, emotions, and behavioral intentions: Application of an extended Mehrabian-Russell model to restaurants," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(4), pages 451-460, April.
- Klemens Knoferle & Eric Spangenberg & Andreas Herrmann & Jan Landwehr, 2012. "It is all in the mix: The interactive effect of music tempo and mode on in-store sales," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 325-337, March.
- M. Brengman & M. Geuens, 2003. "The Four Dimensional Impact Of Color On Shoppers’ Emotions," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 03/204, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Puccinelli, Nancy M. & Deshpande, Rohit & Isen, Alice M., 2007. "Should I stay or should I go? Mood congruity, self-monitoring and retail context preference," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(6), pages 640-648, June.
- Gounaris, Spiros & Koritos, Christos & Vassilikopoulou, Katerina, 2010. "Person-place congruency in the Internet Banking context," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(9-10), pages 943-949, September.
- Raajpoot, Nusser A. & Sharma, Arun & Chebat, Jean-Charles, 2008. "The role of gender and work status in shopping center patronage," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(8), pages 825-833, August.
- Massara, Francesco & Liu, Sandra S. & Melara, Robert D., 2010. "Adapting to a retail environment: Modeling consumer-environment interactions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(7), pages 673-681, July.
- Rachel J.C. Chen, 2013. "How Can Stores Sustain Their Businesses? From Shopping Behaviors and Motivations to Environment Preferences," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(2), pages 617-628, February.
- Morrison, Michael & Gan, Sarah & Dubelaar, Chris & Oppewal, Harmen, 2011. "In-store music and aroma influences on shopper behavior and satisfaction," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(6), pages 558-564, June.
- Fowler, Deborah C. & Wesley, Scarlett C. & Vazquez, Maria Elena, 2007. "Simpatico in store retailing: How immigrant Hispanic emic interpret U.S. store atmospherics and interactions with sales associates," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 50-59, January.
- Walsh, Gianfranco & Shiu, Edward & Hassan, Louise M. & Michaelidou, Nina & Beatty, Sharon E., 2011. "Emotions, store-environmental cues, store-choice criteria, and marketing outcomes," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(7), pages 737-744, July.
- Orth, Ulrich R. & Limon, Yonca & Rose, Gregory, 2010. "Store-evoked affect, personalities, and consumer emotional attachments to brands," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(11), pages 1202-1208, November.
- Garlin, Francine V. & Owen, Katherine, 2006. "Setting the tone with the tune: A meta-analytic review of the effects of background music in retail settings," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(6), pages 755-764, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.