Retail Environment, Self-Congruity, and Retail Patronage: An Integrative Model and a Research Agenda
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Research.
Volume (Year): 49 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sirgy, M. Joseph, 1985. "Using self-congruity and ideal congruity to predict purchase motivation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 195-206, June.
- Alba, Joseph W & Hutchinson, J Wesley, 1987. " Dimensions of Consumer Expertise," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(4), pages 411-54, March.
- Franklin B. Evans, 1968. "Automobiles and Self-Imagery: Comment," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41, pages 484.
- Ross, Ivan, 1971. "Self-Concept and Brand Preference," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(1), pages 38-50, January.
- Bateson, John E G & Hui, Michael K, 1992. " The Ecological Validity of Photographic Slides and Videotapes in Simulating the Service Setting," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(2), pages 271-81, September.
- Hui, Michael K & Bateson, John E G, 1991. " Perceived Control and the Effects of Crowding and Consumer Choice on the Service Experience," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(2), pages 174-84, September.
- Stern, Bruce L & Bush, Ronald F & Hair, Joseph F, Jr, 1977. "The Self-Image/Store Image Matching Process: An Empirical Test," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(1), pages 63-69, January.
- Brucks, Merrie, 1985. " The Effects of Product Class Knowledge on Information Search Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(1), pages 1-16, June.
- Hosany, Sameer & Martin, Drew, 2012. "Self-image congruence in consumer behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(5), pages 685-691.
- Chebat, Jean-Charles & Sirgy, M. Joseph & Grzeskowiak, Stephan, 2010. "How can shopping mall management best capture mall image?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(7), pages 735-740, July.
- Sirgy, M. Joseph & Lee, Dong-Jin & Johar, J.S. & Tidwell, John, 2008. "Effect of self-congruity with sponsorship on brand loyalty," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(10), pages 1091-1097, October.
- Reed, Americus & Forehand, Mark & Puntoni, Stefano & Warlop, Luk, 2012. "Identity-based consumer behavior," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/357429, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Kaltcheva, Velitchka D. & Patino, Anthony & Chebat, Jean-Charles, 2011. "Impact of retail environment extraordinariness on customer self-concept," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(6), pages 551-557, June.
- Puccinelli, Nancy M. & Deshpande, Rohit & Isen, Alice M., 2007. "Should I stay or should I go? Mood congruity, self-monitoring and retail context preference," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(6), pages 640-648, June.
- Kressmann, Frank & Sirgy, M. Joseph & Herrmann, Andreas & Huber, Frank & Huber, Stephanie & Lee, Dong-Jin, 2006. "Direct and indirect effects of self-image congruence on brand loyalty," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(9), pages 955-964, September.
- Alden, Dana L. & He, Yi & Chen, Qimei, 2010. "Service recommendations and customer evaluations in the international marketplace: Cultural and situational contingencies," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 38-44, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.