The convoy system for insolvent banks: how it originally worked and why it failed in the 1990s
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Japan and the World Economy.
Volume (Year): 14 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505557
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Spiegel, Mark M., 2000.
"Bank Charter Value and the Viability of the Japanese Convoy System,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 149-168, September.
- Spiegel, M.M., 1999. "Bank Chapter Value and the Viability of the Japanese Convoy System," Papers pb99-06, Economisch Institut voor het Midden en Kleinbedrijf-.
- Mark M. Spiegel, 1999. "Bank charter value and the viability of the Japanese convoy system," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 99-06, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap, 2000.
"The Japanese Banking Crisis: Where Did It Come From and How Will It End?,"
in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1999, Volume 14, pages 129-212
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap, 1999. "The Japanese Banking Crisis: Where Did It Come From and How Will It End?," NBER Working Papers 7250, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas F. Cargill & Michael M. Hutchison & Takatoshi Ito, 1997. "The Political Economy of Japanese Monetary Policy," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262032473, December.
- Kane, Edward J., 2003. "What kind of multinational deposit-insurance arrangements might best enhance world welfare?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 413-428, September.
- Imai, Masami, 2006. "Market discipline and deposit insurance reform in Japan," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 3433-3452, December.
- Johannes Mayr, 2008. "The Financial Crisis in Japan – Are There Similarities to the Current Situation?," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 9(4), pages 64-68, December.
- Ryuichi Nakagawa & Hirofumi Uchida, 2004.
"Herd Behavior in the Japanese Loan Market: Evidence from Bank Panel Data,"
Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings
161, Econometric Society.
- Uchida, Hirofumi & Nakagawa, Ryuichi, 2007. "Herd behavior in the Japanese loan market: Evidence from bank panel data," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 555-583, October.
- Ryuichi Nakagawa & Hirofumi Uchida, 2004. "Herd Behavior In The Japanese Loan Market: Evidence From Bank Panel Data," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 737, Econometric Society.
- Rixtel, Adrian van & Wiwattanakantang, Yupana & Souma, Toshiyuki & Suzuki, Kazunori, 2002. "Banking in Japan: Will "Too Big To Fail" Prevail?," CEI Working Paper Series 2002-16, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Imai, Masami, 2007. "The emergence of market monitoring in Japanese banks: Evidence from the subordinated debt market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 1441-1460, May.
- Hanazaki, Masaharu & Souma, Toshiyuki & Wiwattanakantang, Yupana, 2004. "Silent Large Shareholders and Entrenched Bank Management: Evidence from the Banking Crisis in Japan," CEI Working Paper Series 2004-1, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Ratnovski, Lev, 2009. "Bank liquidity regulation and the lender of last resort," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 541-558, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.