Asian finance and the role of bankruptcy: a model of the transition costs of financial liberalization
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Asian Economics.
Volume (Year): 13 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey & Christian Lundblad, 2004.
"Does Financial Liberalization Spur Growth?,"
Working Paper Research
53, National Bank of Belgium.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Mohamad L. Hammour, 2001.
"The Cost of Recessions Revisited : A Reverse-Liquidationist View,"
DELTA Working Papers
2001-05, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Mohamad L. Hammour, 1999. "The Cost of Recessions Revisited: A Reverse-Liquidationist View," NBER Working Papers 7355, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ricardo Caballero & Muhamad Hammour, 1999. "The Cost of Recessions Revisited: A Reverse-Liquidationist View," Working papers 99-22, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Caballero, Ricardo & Hammour, Mohamad, 1999. "The Cost of Recessions Revisited: A Reverse-Liquidationist View," CEPR Discussion Papers 2331, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Steven Radelet & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 2000. "The Onset of the East Asian Financial Crisis," NBER Chapters, in: Currency Crises, pages 105-162 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kwack, Sung Yeung, 2000. "An empirical analysis of the factors determining the financial crisis in Asia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 195-206.
- Li, David D. & Li, Shan, 1999. "An agency theory of the bankruptcy law," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Kawai, Masahiro, 2000. "The resolution of the East Asian crisis: financial and corporate sector restructuring," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 133-168.
- Reeb, David M & Kwok, Chuck C Y, 2000. "Mainbanks and Investment Efficiency in Financial Distress," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association & Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 23(4), pages 395-410, Winter.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap, 2000.
"The Japanese Banking Crisis: Where Did It Come From and How Will It End?,"
in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1999, Volume 14, pages 129-212
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap, 1999. "The Japanese Banking Crisis: Where Did It Come From and How Will It End?," NBER Working Papers 7250, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Berkovitch, Elazar & Israel, Ronen, 1999. "Optimal Bankruptcy Laws across Different Economic Systems," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(2), pages 347-77.
- Thomas F. Cargill & Michael M. Hutchison & Takatoshi Ito, 1997. "The Political Economy of Japanese Monetary Policy," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262032473, June.
- Kane, Edward J., 2000. "The dialectical role of information and disinformation in regulation-induced banking crises," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(3-4), pages 285-308, July.
- Hart, Oliver & La Porta Drago, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Moore, John, 1997.
"A new bankruptcy procedure that uses multiple auctions,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 461-473, April.
- Oliver Hart & Rafael La Porta Drago & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & John Moore, 1997. "A New Bankruptcy Procedure that Uses Multiple Auctions," NBER Working Papers 6278, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Qaizar Hussain & Clas Wihlborg, 1999. "Corporate Insolvency Procedures and Bank Behavior - A Study of Selected Asian Economies," IMF Working Papers 99/135, International Monetary Fund.
- Francesca Cornelli & Leonardo Felli, 1996.
"Ex-ante Efficiency of Bankruptcy Procedures,"
- Cargill, Thomas F., 1988. "Competition and the transition of finance in Japan and the United States," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 380-400, September.
- Reynolds, Stephen E. & Ratanakomut, Somchai & Gander, James, 2000. "Bank financial structure in pre-crisis East and Southeast Asia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 319-331, December.
- Parker, Elliott, 1995. "Schumpeterian creative destruction and the growth of Chinese enterprises," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 201-223.
- Thomas F. Cargill, 2005. "A tale of two monetary policies: Korea and Japan," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Apr 15.
- Schönfelder, Bruno, 2003. "Death or survival. Post-communist bankruptcy law in action. A survey," Freiberg Working Papers 2003,01, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Dooyeon Cho & Antonio Doblas-Madrid, 2013.
"Business Cycle Accounting East and West: Asian Finance and the Investment Wedge,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 16(4), pages 724-744, October.
- Dooyeon Cho & Antonio Doblas-Madrid, 2012. "Online Appendix to "Business Cycle Accounting East and West: Asian Finance and the Investment Wedge," Technical Appendices 10-51, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Dooyeon Cho & Antonio Doblas-Madrid, 2012. "Code and data files for "Business Cycle Accounting East and West: Asian Finance and the Investment Wedge"," Computer Codes 10-51, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Cargill, Thomas, 2004. "Japan’s Economic and Financial Stagnation and the Possibility of a Second Lost Decade," EIJS Working Paper Series 199, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
- Cargill, Thomas F. & Parker, Elliott, 2004. "Price deflation and consumption: central bank policy and Japan's economic and financial stagnation," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 493-506, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.