Information arrivals and intraday exchange rate volatility
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money.
Volume (Year): 13 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ederington, Louis H. & Lee, Jae Ha, 1995. "The Short-Run Dynamics of the Price Adjustment to New Information," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(01), pages 117-134, March.
- Ederington, Louis H & Lee, Jae Ha, 1993. " How Markets Process Information: News Releases and Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1161-91, September.
- DeGennaro, Ramon P. & Shrieves, Ronald E., 1997. "Public information releases, private information arrival and volatility in the foreign exchange market," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 295-315, December.
- Clark, Peter K, 1973. "A Subordinated Stochastic Process Model with Finite Variance for Speculative Prices," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(1), pages 135-55, January.
- Taylor, Stephen J. & Xu, Xinzhong, 1997. "The incremental volatility information in one million foreign exchange quotations," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 317-340, December.
- Chang, Yuanchen & Taylor, Stephen J., 1998. "Intraday effects of foreign exchange intervention by the Bank of Japan1," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 191-210, February.
- Tauchen, George E & Pitts, Mark, 1983. "The Price Variability-Volume Relationship on Speculative Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 485-505, March.
- Mitchell, Mark L & Mulherin, J Harold, 1994. " The Impact of Public Information on the Stock Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(3), pages 923-50, July.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Michael J. Fleming & Eli M. Remolona, 1999. "Price Formation and Liquidity in the U.S. Treasury Market: The Response to Public Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(5), pages 1901-1915, October.
- Dacorogna, Michael M. & Muller, Ulrich A. & Nagler, Robert J. & Olsen, Richard B. & Pictet, Olivier V., 1993. "A geographical model for the daily and weekly seasonal volatility in the foreign exchange market," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 413-438, August.
- Berry, Thomas D & Howe, Keith M, 1994. " Public Information Arrival," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1331-46, September.
- Harvey, Campbell R & Huang, Roger D, 1991. "Volatility in the Foreign Currency Futures Market," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(3), pages 543-69.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Domowitz, Ian, 1993. " Trading Patterns and Prices in the Interbank Foreign Exchange Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1421-43, September.
- Lamoureux, Christopher G & Lastrapes, William D, 1990. " Heteroskedasticity in Stock Return Data: Volume versus GARCH Effects," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 221-29, March.
- Kaen, Fred R. & Sherman, Heidemarie C. & Tehranian, Hassan, 1997. "The effects of Bundesbank discount and Lombard rate changes on German bank stocks," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 1-25, April.
- Locke, P R & Sayers, C L, 1993. "Intra-day Futures Price Volatility: Information Effects and Variance Persistence," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(1), pages 15-30, Jan.-Marc.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-70, March.
- Evans, Kevin P. & Speight, Alan E.H., 2010. "Dynamic news effects in high frequency Euro exchange rates," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 238-258, July.
- Hua, Mingshu & Gau, Yin-Feng, 2006. "Determinants of periodic volatility of intraday exchange rates in the Taipei FX Market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 193-208, April.
- Sylwia Nowak, 2008. "How Do Public Announcements Affect The Frequency Of Trading In U.S. Airline Stocks?," CAMA Working Papers 2008-38, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Laakkonen , Helinä, 2004.
"The impact of macroeconomic news on exchange rate volatility,"
Research Discussion Papers
24/2004, Bank of Finland.
- Helinä Laakkonen, 2007. "The Impact of Macroeconomic News on Exchange Rate Volatility," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 23-40, Spring.
- Laakkonen Helinä & Lanne Markku, 2009.
"Asymmetric News Effects on Exchange Rate Volatility: Good vs. Bad News in Good vs. Bad Times,"
Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics,
De Gruyter, vol. 14(1), pages 1-38, December.
- Laakkonen, Helinä & Lanne, Markku, 2008. "Asymmetric News Effects on Volatility: Good vs. Bad News in Good vs. Bad Times," MPRA Paper 8296, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gau, Yin-Feng & Hua, Mingshu, 2007. "Intraday exchange rate volatility: ARCH, news and seasonality effects," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 135-158, March.
- Jochen R. Andritzky & Geoffrey J. Bannister & Natalia T. Tamirisa, 2005.
"The Impact of Macroeconomic Announcements on Emerging Market Bonds,"
IMF Working Papers
05/83, International Monetary Fund.
- Andritzky, Jochen R. & Bannister, Geoffrey J. & Tamirisa, Natalia T., 2007. "The impact of macroeconomic announcements on emerging market bonds," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 20-37, March.
- Evans, Kevin P. & Speight, Alan E.H., 2010. "Intraday periodicity, calendar and announcement effects in Euro exchange rate volatility," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 82-101, January.
- Evans, Kevin & Speight, Alan, 2010. "International macroeconomic announcements and intraday euro exchange rate volatility," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 552-568, December.
- Soultanaeva, Albina, 2008. "Impact of Political News on the Baltic State Stock Markets," UmeÃ¥ Economic Studies 735, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Gau, Yin-Feng, 2005. "Intraday volatility in the Taipei FX market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 471-487, September.
- Han, Young Wook, 2008. "Intraday effects of macroeconomic shocks on the US Dollar-Euro exchange rates," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 585-600, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.