Government finance with currency substitution
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Economics.
Volume (Year): 44 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jacques de Larosiere, 1991. "European integration and the world economy," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 285-294.
- Alex Cukierman & Sebastian Edwards & Guido Tabellini, 1989.
"Seigniorage and Political Instability,"
NBER Working Papers
3199, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sibert, Anne, 1994. "The allocation of seigniorage in a common currency area," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1-2), pages 111-122, August.
- Tanzi, Vito & Blejer, Mario I., 1982. "Inflation, interest rate policy, and currency substitutions in developing economies: A discussion of some major issues," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 10(9), pages 781-789, September.
- Goldman, Steven Marc, 1974. "Flexibility and the demand for money," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 203-222, October.
- Canzoneri, Matthew B. & Diba, Behzad T., 1992. "The inflation discipline of currency substitution," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 827-845, May.
- Kareken, John & Wallace, Neil, 1981. "On the Indeterminacy of Equilibrium Exchange Rates," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 96(2), pages 207-22, May.
- Anne Sibert, 1990.
"Government finance in a common currency area,"
Research Working Paper
90-09, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Girton, Lance & Roper, Don E, 1981. "Theory and Implications of Currency Substitution," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 13(1), pages 12-30, February.
- Slemrod, Joel, 1990.
"Optimal Taxation and Optimal Tax Systems,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 4(1), pages 157-78, Winter.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1982. "Interest rates and currency prices in a two-country world," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 335-359.
- Svensson, Lars E. O., 1985. "Currency prices, terms of trade, and interest rates: A general equilibrium asset-pricing cash-in-advance approach," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 17-41, February.
- Canzoneri, Matthew B., 1989. "Adverse incentives in the taxation of foreigners," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3-4), pages 283-297, November.
- Guidotti, Pablo E, 1993. "Currency Substitution and Financial Innovation," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(1), pages 109-24, February.
- Calvo, Guillermo & Vegh, Carlos, 1992.
"Currency Substitution in Developing Countries: An Introduction,"
20338, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guillermo Calvo & Carlos A. VÃ©gh Gramont, 1992. "Currency Substitution in Developing Countries - An Introduction," IMF Working Papers 92/40, International Monetary Fund.
- John Duffy & Maxim Nikitin, 2004.
Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings
456, Econometric Society.
- Antoine Martin, 2002.
"Endogenous multiple currencies,"
Research Working Paper
RWP 02-03, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Camera, Gabriele & Craig, Ben & Waller, Christopher J., 2004.
"Currency competition in a fundamental model of money,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 521-544, December.
- Gabriele Camera & Ben Craig & Christopher J. Waller, 2003. "Currency competition in a fundamental model of money," Working Paper 0311, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Patrick Honohan, 2003. "Taxation of Financial Intermediation : Theory and Practice for Emerging Economines," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15122, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.