Currency transactions costs and competing fiat currencies
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Economics.
Volume (Year): 52 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bernett, Richard C., 1992. "Speculation, incomplete currency market participation, and nonfundamental movements in nominal and real exchange rates," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 167-186, August.
- Calvo, Guillermo & Vegh, Carlos, 1992.
"Currency Substitution in Developing Countries: An Introduction,"
20338, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guillermo Calvo & Carlos A. VÃ©gh Gramont, 1992. "Currency Substitution in Developing Countries - An Introduction," IMF Working Papers 92/40, International Monetary Fund.
- Stockman, Alan C, 1980.
"A Theory of Exchange Rate Determination,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(4), pages 673-98, August.
- Zhou, Ruilin, 1997. "Currency Exchange in a Random Search Model," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(2), pages 289-310, April.
- Barnett, Richard C. & Ho, Mun S., 1996. "Sunspots, currency substitution, and inflationary finance," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1-2), pages 73-93, August.
- Shi Shougong, 1995.
"Money and Prices: A Model of Search and Bargaining,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 467-496, December.
- Shouyong Shi, 1995. "Money and Prices: A Model of Search and Bargaining," Working Papers 916, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Miguel A. Savastano, 1996. "Dollarization in Latin America - Recent Evidence and Some Policy Issues," IMF Working Papers 96/4, International Monetary Fund.
- Engineer, Merwan & Bernhardt, Dan, 1991. "Money, Barter, and the Optimality of Legal Restrictions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(4), pages 743-73, August.
- Uribe, Martin, 1997.
"Hysteresis in a simple model of currency substitution,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 185-202, September.
- Martin Uribe, 1995. "Hysteresis in a simple model of currency substitution," International Finance Discussion Papers 509, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Poloz, Stephen S., 1986. "Currency substitution and the precautionary demand for money," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 115-124, March.
- Sturzenegger, Federico, 1997. "Understanding the welfare implications of currency substitution," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 391-416.
- Poloz, Stephen S., 1984. "The transactions demand for money in a two-currency economy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 241-250, September.
- Gabriele Camera & Ben Craig & Christopher J. Waller, 2003.
"Currency competition in a fundamental model of money,"
0311, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Camera, Gabriele & Craig, Ben & Waller, Christopher J., 2004. "Currency competition in a fundamental model of money," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 521-544, December.
- John Duffy & Maxim Nikitin, 2004.
Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings
456, Econometric Society.
- Helmut Stix, 2012. "Why Do People Save in Cash? Distrust, Memories of Banking Crises, Weak Institutions and Dollarization," Working Papers 178, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Miguel Lebre de Freitas, 2004.
"Currency Substitution, Portfolio Diversification and Money Demand,"
Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings
263, Econometric Society.
- Miguel Lebre de Freitas & Francisco José Veiga, 2006. "Currency substitution, portfolio diversification, and money demand," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 39(3), pages 719-743, August.
- Miguel Lebre de Freitas, 2004. "Currency Substitution, portfolio Diversification and Money Demand," NIPE Working Papers 9/2004, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Flandreau, Marc & Jobst, Clemens, 2006. "The Empirics of International Currencies: Historical Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 5529, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Clemens Jobst & Marc Flandreau, 2006. "The Empirics of International Currencies: Evidence from the 19th Century," Sciences Po publications nÂ°5529, Sciences Po.
- Valev, Neven T., 2010. "The hysteresis of currency substitution: Currency risk vs. network externalities," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 224-235, March.
- Zhang, Cathy, 2013. "An Information-Based Theory of International Currency," MPRA Paper 42114, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nienke Oomes, 2003. "Network Externalities and Dollarization Hysteresis: The Case of Russia," IMF Working Papers 03/96, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.