Currency transactions costs and competing fiat currencies
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Economics.
Volume (Year): 52 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Poloz, Stephen S., 1986. "Currency substitution and the precautionary demand for money," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 115-124, March.
- Alan C. Stockman, 1978.
"A Theory of Exchange Rate Determination,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
113, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Miguel A. Savastano, 1996. "Dollarization in Latin America - Recent Evidence and Some Policy Issues," IMF Working Papers 96/4, International Monetary Fund.
- Sturzenegger, Federico, 1997. "Understanding the welfare implications of currency substitution," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 391-416.
- Shouyong Shi, 1995.
"Money and Prices: A Model of Search and Bargaining,"
916, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Shi Shougong, 1995. "Money and Prices: A Model of Search and Bargaining," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 467-496, December.
- Uribe, Martin, 1997.
"Hysteresis in a simple model of currency substitution,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 185-202, September.
- Martin Uribe, 1995. "Hysteresis in a simple model of currency substitution," International Finance Discussion Papers 509, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Barnett, Richard C. & Ho, Mun S., 1996. "Sunspots, currency substitution, and inflationary finance," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1-2), pages 73-93, August.
- Calvo, Guillermo & Vegh, Carlos, 1992.
"Currency Substitution in Developing Countries: An Introduction,"
20338, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guillermo Calvo & Carlos A. VÃ©gh Gramont, 1992. "Currency Substitution in Developing Countries - An Introduction," IMF Working Papers 92/40, International Monetary Fund.
- Engineer, Merwan & Bernhardt, Dan, 1991. "Money, Barter, and the Optimality of Legal Restrictions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(4), pages 743-73, August.
- Poloz, Stephen S., 1984. "The transactions demand for money in a two-currency economy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 241-250, September.
- Zhou, Ruilin, 1997. "Currency Exchange in a Random Search Model," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(2), pages 289-310, April.
- Bernett, Richard C., 1992. "Speculation, incomplete currency market participation, and nonfundamental movements in nominal and real exchange rates," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 167-186, August.
- Flandreau, Marc & Jobst, Clemens, 2006. "The Empirics of International Currencies: Historical Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 5529, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Clemens Jobst & Marc Flandreau, 2006. "The Empirics of International Currencies: Evidence from the 19th Century," Sciences Po publications nÂ°5529, Sciences Po.
- Miguel Lebre de Freitas, 2004.
"Currency Substitution, Portfolio Diversification and Money Demand,"
Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings
263, Econometric Society.
- Miguel Lebre de Freitas & Francisco José Veiga, 2006. "Currency substitution, portfolio diversification, and money demand," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 39(3), pages 719-743, August.
- Miguel Lebre de Freitas, 2004. "Currency Substitution, portfolio Diversification and Money Demand," NIPE Working Papers 9/2004, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Gabriele Camera & Ben Craig & Christopher J. Waller, 2003.
"Currency competition in a fundamental model of money,"
0311, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Camera, Gabriele & Craig, Ben & Waller, Christopher J., 2004. "Currency competition in a fundamental model of money," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 521-544, December.
- Brown, M. & Haas, R. de & Sokolov, V., 2013.
"Regional Inflation and Financial Dollarization,"
2013-073, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Nienke Oomes, 2003. "Network Externalities and Dollarization Hysteresis: The Case of Russia," IMF Working Papers 03/96, International Monetary Fund.
- Valev, Neven T., 2010. "The hysteresis of currency substitution: Currency risk vs. network externalities," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 224-235, March.
- John Duffy & Maxim Nikitin, 2004.
Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings
456, Econometric Society.
- Zhang, Cathy, 2013. "An Information-Based Theory of International Currency," MPRA Paper 42114, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stix, Helmut, 2012.
"Why Do People Save in Cash? Distrust, Memories of Banking Crises, Weak Institutions and Dollarization,"
178, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Stix, Helmut, 2013. "Why do people save in cash? Distrust, memories of banking crises, weak institutions and dollarization," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4087-4106.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.