Distinction between intermediate and finished products in intra-firm trade
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 18 (2000)
Issue (Month): 5 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wheeler, David & Mody, Ashoka, 1992. "International investment location decisions : The case of U.S. firms," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 57-76, August.
- Andersson, Thomas & Svensson, Roger, 1994. " Entry Modes for Direct Investment Determined by the Composition of Firm-Specific Skills," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 96(4), pages 551-60.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1971. "The Vertical Integration of Production: Market Failure Considerations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(2), pages 112-23, May.
- Thomas Andersson & Torbj�rn Fredriksson, 1996. "International Organization of Production and Variation in Exports from Affiliates," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 27(2), pages 249-263, June.
- Mario Zejan, 1989. "Intra-firm trade and Swedish multinationals," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 125(4), pages 814-833, December.
- Veugelers, Reinhilde, 1991. "Locational Determinants and Ranking of Host Countries: An Empirical Assessment," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(3), pages 363-82.
- Culem, Claudy G., 1988. "The locational determinants of direct investments among industrialized countries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 885-904, April.
- Kang Rae Cho, 1990. "The Role of Product-Specific Factors in Intra-Firm Trade of U.S. Manufacturing Multinational Corporations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 21(2), pages 319-330, June.
- Irving B. Kravis & Robert E. Lipsey, 1982.
"The Location of Overseas Production and Production for Export by U.S. Multinational Firms,"
NBER Working Papers
0482, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kravis, Irving B. & Lipsey, Robert E., 1982. "The location of overseas production and production for export by U.S. multinational firms," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3-4), pages 201-223, May.
- Wernerfelt, Birger & Montgomery, Cynthia A, 1988. "Tobin's q and the Importance of Focus in Firm Performance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(1), pages 246-50, March.
- McDonald, John F & Moffitt, Robert A, 1980. "The Uses of Tobit Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(2), pages 318-21, May.
- Roger Svensson, 1996. "Effects of overseas production on home country exports: Evidence based on Swedish multinationals," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 132(2), pages 304-329, September.
- Tucker, Irvin B & Wilder, Ronald P, 1977. "Trends in Vertical Integration in the U.S. Manufacturing Sector," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 81-94, September.
- Jörn Kleinert, 2003.
"Growing Trade in Intermediate Goods: Outsourcing, Global Sourcing, or Increasing Importance of MNE Networks?,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(3), pages 464-482, 08.
- Jörn Kleinert, 2000. "Growing Trade in Intermediate Goods: Outsourcing, Global Sourcing or Increasing Importance of MNE Networks?," Kiel Working Papers 1006, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Peter Egger, 2001. "Market Power, Multinationality and Intra-EU Industry Exports in the 1990s," WIFO Working Papers 167, WIFO.
- Emmanuelle Chevassus-Lozza & Danielle Galliano, 2009. "Intra-firm trade in the context of European integration: evidence from the French multinational agribusiness," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(1), pages 128-143.
- Jörn Kleinert, 2001. "The Role of Multinational Enterprises in Globalization: An Empirical Overview," Kiel Working Papers 1069, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Claudia M. Buch & Farid Toubal, 2003. "Economic Integration and FDI in Transition Economies: What Can We Learn from German Data?," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 72(4), pages 594-610.
- Mariko Sakakibara & Hideki Yamawaki, 2008. "What determines the profitability of foreign direct investment? A subsidiary-level analysis of Japanese multinationals," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(2-3), pages 277-292.
- Tang Linghui, 2002. "Incomplete contracts And Vertically Integrated Multinational Enterprises," International Economic Journal, Korean International Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 127-138.
- Egger, Peter & Pfaffermayr, Michael, 2005.
"The determinants of intra-firm trade: in search for export-import magnification effects,"
Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies
2005,12, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Peter Egger & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2005. "The Determinants of Intrafirm Trade: In Search for Export-Import Magnification Effects," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 141(4), pages 648-669, December.
- Peter Egger & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2005. "The Determinants of Intra-Firm Trade: In Search form Export-Import Magnification Effects," Kiel Working Papers 1247, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- W. Altzinger, 2008. "Österreichs Multinationalen Unternehmen (MNUs) und deren konzernexterner und - interner Handel," FIW Research Reports series I-023, FIW.
- Celio Hiratuka & Fernanda De Negri, 2005. "The influence of capital origin on Brazilian foreign trade patterns," International Trade 0508006, EconWPA.
- Toubal, Farid & Kleinert, Jörn & Buch, Claudia M., 2003. "Determinants of German FDI: New Evidence from Micro-Data," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2003,09, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Kemal Türkcan, 2011. "Vertical Intra-Industry Trade and Product Fragmentation in the Auto-Parts Industry," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 149-186, June.
- Brooks, Douglas H. & Roland-Holst, David & Zhai, Fan, 2008. "Behavioral and empirical perspectives on FDI: International capital allocation across Asia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 40-52, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.