Can consumers benefit from a policy limiting the market share of a dominant firm?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 14 (1996)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert E. Lucas & Jr., 1967. "Adjustment Costs and the Theory of Supply," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 321.
- Prescott, Edward C., 1973. "Market structure and monopoly profits: A dynamic theory," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(6), pages 546-557, December.
- David M. Kreps & Jose A. Scheinkman, 1983. "Quantity Precommitment and Bertrand Competition Yield Cournot Outcomes," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 326-337, Autumn.
- Richard J. Gilbert., 1988.
"Mobility Barriers and the Value of Incumbency,"
Economics Working Papers
8895, University of California at Berkeley.
- Kenneth L. Judd & Bruce C. Petersen, 1984.
"Dynamic Limit Pricing and Internal Finance,"
603S, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Berck, Peter & Perloff, Jeffrey M., 1988.
"The dynamic annihilation of a rational competitive fringe by a low-cost dominant firm,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 659-678, November.
- Berck, Peter & Perloff, Jeffrey M, 1987. "The Dynamic Annihilation of a Rational Competitive Fringe by a Low-cost Dominant Firm," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt6926m79z, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Kydland, Finn, 1979. " A Dynamic Dominant Firm Model of Industry Structure," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 81(3), pages 355-66.
- Therese Flaherty, M., 1980. "Dynamic limit pricing, barriers to entry, and rational firms," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 160-182, October.
- Ordover, Janusz A. & Saloner, Garth, 1989. "Predation, monopolization, and antitrust," Handbook of Industrial Organization, in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 9, pages 537-596 Elsevier.
- Gautam Gowrisankaran & Thomas J. Holmes, 2000.
"Do mergers lead to monopoly in the long run? Results from the dominant firm model,"
264, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Gautam Gowrisankaran & Thomas J. Holmes, 2002. "Do Mergers Lead to Monopoly in the Long Run? Results from the Dominant Firm Model," NBER Working Papers 9151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Emin M. Dinlersoz, 2000. "Firm Organization and Retail Industry Dynamics," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0005, Econometric Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.