The short-term effect on technical and scale efficiency of establishing regional health systems and general management in Greek NHS hospitals
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Health Policy.
Volume (Year): 83 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2-3 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert G. Evans & Hugh D. Walker, 1972. "Information Theory and the Analysis of Hospital Cost Structure," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 5(3), pages 398-418, August.
- Kontodimopoulos, Nick & Niakas, Dimitris, 2005. "Efficiency measurement of hemodialysis units in Greece with data envelopment analysis," Health Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 195-204, February.
- Athanassopoulos, Antreas & Gounaris, Chrysostomos, 2001. "Assessing the technical and allocative efficiency of hospital operations in Greece and its resource allocation implications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 416-431, January.
- Vassilis H. Aletras, 1999. "A comparison of hospital scale effects in short-run and long-run cost functions," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(6), pages 521-530.
- Dimitris Niakas & Mamas Theodorou & Lycurgus Liaropoulos, 2005. "Can Privatising Selected Services Benefit the Public Healthcare System?: The Greek Case," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer Healthcare | Adis, vol. 4(3), pages 153-157.
- Tountas, Yannis & Karnaki, Panagiota & Pavi, Elpida, 2002. "Reforming the reform: the greek national health system in transition," Health Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 15-29, October.
- Linna, Miika & Hakkinen, Unto & Magnussen, Jon, 2006. "Comparing hospital cost efficiency between Norway and Finland," Health Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 268-278, August.
- Giokas, Dimitris I., 2001. "Greek hospitals: how well their resources are used," Omega, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 73-83, February.
- Elias Mossialos & Sara Allin & Konstantina Davaki, 2005. "Analysing the Greek health system: a tale of fragmentation and inertia," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(S1), pages S151-S168.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Polyzos, Nicholas M., 2002. "Striving towards efficiency in the Greek hospitals by reviewing case mix classifications," Health Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 305-328, September.
- Abel-Smith, Brian & Mossialos, Elias, 1994. "Cost containment and health care reform: a study of the European Union," Health Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 89-132, May.
- Jensen, Gail A. & Morrisey, Michael A., 1986. "Medical staff specialty mix and hospital production," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 253-276, September.
- Kontodimopoulos, Nick & Nanos, Panagiotis & Niakas, Dimitris, 2006. "Balancing efficiency of health services and equity of access in remote areas in Greece," Health Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 49-57, March.
- Banker, Rajiv D., 1984. "Estimating most productive scale size using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 35-44, July.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Sulku, Seher Nur, 2011. "The impacts of health care reforms on the efficiency of the Turkish public hospitals: Provincial markets," MPRA Paper 29598, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- PINTO, Claudio, 2013. "Complexity of Treatment, and Changes in Efficiency and Productivity for Directly Managed Italian Hospitals," CELPE Discussion Papers 124, CELPE - Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy, University of Salerno, Italy.
- Claudio Pinto, 2014. "Efficiency comparison for directly managed public hospitals for different geographical area in Italy," Working papers, SocietÃ Italiana di Economia Pubblica 5, SocietÃ Italiana di Economia Pubblica.
- Kostas Kounetas & Fotis Papathanassopoulos, 2013. "How efficient are Greek hospitals? A case study using a double bootstrap DEA approach," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 14(6), pages 979-994, December.
- Chowdhury, Hedayet & Zelenyuk, Valentin & Laporte, Audrey & Wodchis, Walter P., 2014. "Analysis of productivity, efficiency and technological changes in hospital services in Ontario: How does case-mix matter?," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 74-82.
- Liu, Hu-Chen, 2013. "A theoretical framework for holistic hospital management in the Japanese healthcare context," Health Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 160-169.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei) or () The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.