Balancing efficiency of health services and equity of access in remote areas in Greece
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Health Policy.
Volume (Year): 76 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Maynard, Alan, 1999. "Rationing health care: an exploration," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(1-2), pages 5-11, September.
- Vassilis H. Aletras, 1999. "A comparison of hospital scale effects in short-run and long-run cost functions," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(6), pages 521-530.
- Trevor A. Sheldon & Peter C. Smith, 2000. "Equity in the allocation of health care resources," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(7), pages 571-574.
- Antonio Giuffrida and & Hugh Gravelle, .
"Measuring Performance in Primary Care: Econometric Analysis and DEA,"
99/36, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Antonio Giuffrida & Hugh Gravelle, 2001. "Measuring performance in primary care: econometric analysis and DEA," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 163-175.
- Cooper, W. W. & Seiford, Lawrence M. & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel & Zanakis, Stelios H., 2004. "DEA and its uses in different countries," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(2), pages 337-344, April.
- Polyzos, Nicholas M., 2002. "Striving towards efficiency in the Greek hospitals by reviewing case mix classifications," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 305-328, September.
- Ruggiero, John, 1998. "A new approach for technical efficiency estimation in multiple output production," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 369-380, December.
- Bruce Hollingsworth & P.J. Dawson & N. Maniadakis, 1999. "Efficiency measurement of health care: a review of non‐parametric methods and applications," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 161-172, July.
- Giokas, Dimitris I., 2001. "Greek hospitals: how well their resources are used," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 73-83, February.
- Adler, Nicole & Friedman, Lea & Sinuany-Stern, Zilla, 2002. "Review of ranking methods in the data envelopment analysis context," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 249-265, July.
- Thanassoulis, E. & Boussofiane, A. & Dyson, R. G., 1995. "Exploring output quality targets in the provision of perinatal care in England using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 588-607, February.
- Tountas, Yannis & Karnaki, Panagiota & Pavi, Elpida, 2002. "Reforming the reform: the greek national health system in transition," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 15-29, October.
- Aletras, Vassilios & Kontodimopoulos, Nick & Zagouldoudis, Athanasios & Niakas, Dimitris, 2007. "The short-term effect on technical and scale efficiency of establishing regional health systems and general management in Greek NHS hospitals," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 83(2-3), pages 236-245, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier) or ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.