Evaluation of economic rent of hydropower projects
AbstractExisting studies have mostly estimated the ex post economic rent of hydropower for the hydroelectric system of a province or a country as a whole and have ignored the site- or project-specific variations in the economic rent of hydropower plants. Further, most of the existing studies have used simplified methods to calculate the rent ex post. This paper presents a rigorous methodology for estimation of site-specific (i.e., project specific) economic rent of hydropower ex ante. It applies the methodology in the case of a hydropower project and analyzes the sensitivity of the rent to variations in some key parameters.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Energy Policy.
Volume (Year): 37 (2009)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol
Economic rent of hydropower Ex ante project-specific hydropower rent Rigorous method for hydropower rent estimation;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shrestha, Ram M. & Marpaung, Charles O.P., 2006. "Integrated resource planning in the power sector and economy-wide changes in environmental emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3801-3811, December.
- Rothman, M., 2000. "Measuring and Apportioning Rents from Hydroelectric Power Development," World Bank - Discussion Papers 419, World Bank.
- Amundsen, Eirik S. & Tjotta, Sigve, 1993. "Hydroelectric rent and precipitation variability : The case of Norway," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 81-91, April.
- David W. Gillen & Jean-François Wen, 2000. "Taxing Hydroelectricity in Ontario," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 26(1), pages 35-49, March.
- Banfi, Silvia & Filippini, Massimo & Mueller, Adrian, 2005. "An estimation of the Swiss hydropower rent," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 927-937, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.