The 'paradoxes' of the successful state
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 41 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3-5 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frederick van der Ploeg, 2003. "Do Social Policies Harm Employment and Growth?," CESifo Working Paper Series 886, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ivo Bicanic & Vladimir Gligorov & Ivan Krastev, 2003. "State, Public Goods and Reform," wiiw Balkan Observatory Working Papers 29, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Frederick van der Ploeg & Steven Poelhekke, 2008.
"Globalization and the rise of mega-cities in the developing world,"
Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society,
Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 1(3), pages 477-501.
- Steven Poelhekke & Frederick Van der Ploeg, 2008. "Globalization and the Rise of Mega-Cities in the Developing World," CESifo Working Paper Series 2208, CESifo Group Munich.
- Justesen, Mogens K. & Kurrild-Klitgaard, Peter, 2007. "The constitution of economic growth: Testing the prosperity effects of a Madisonian model on a panel of countries 1980‐2000," MPRA Paper 36063, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:wii:bpaper:bowp:025 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frederick van der Ploeg, 2004. "The Welfare State, Redistribution and the Economy, Reciprocal Altruism, Consumer Rivalry and Second Best," CESifo Working Paper Series 1234, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hans-Jurgen Wagener, 2004. "Good Governance, Welfare, and Transformation," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 1(1), pages 127-143, June.
- Li, Yuan & Gilli, Mario, 2014. "Accountability in Autocracies: The Role of Revolution Threat," Working Paper Series 2014-30, Stockholm China Economic Research Institute, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 06 Mar 2014.
- Mody, Ashoka, 1999. "Industrial policy after the East Asian crisis - from"outward orientation"to new internal capabilities?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2112, The World Bank.
- Claessens, Constantijn A. & Djankov, Simeon & Lang, Larry H. P., 1999. "Who controls East Asian corporations ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2054, The World Bank.
- Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon & Lang, Larry H. P., 2000. "The separation of ownership and control in East Asian Corporations," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 81-112.
- Derek Headey, 2007. "What Professor Rodrik Means by Policy Reform: Appraising a Post-Washington Paradigm," CEPA Working Papers Series WP052007, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- repec:wii:bpaper:bowp:029 is not listed on IDEAS
- Madanmohan Ghosh & John Whalley, 1999. "Endogenous Effort and Intersectoral Labour Transfers Under Industrialization," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9908, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Baer, Werner & Miles, William R. & Moran, Allen B., 1999. "The end of the Asian Myth: Why were the Experts Fooled?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 1735-1747, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.