Industrial Policy in an Export-Propelled Economy: Lessons from South Korea's Experience
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal Journal of Economic Perspectives.
Volume (Year): 4 (1990)
Issue (Month): 3 (Summer)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arvind Panagariya, 2003. "Miracles and Debacles: Do Free-trade Skeptics have a Case?," International Trade 0308013, EconWPA.
- Anoop Singh & Martin D. Cerisola, 2006. "Sustaining Latin America's Resurgence: Some Historical Perspectives," IMF Working Papers 06/252, International Monetary Fund.
- Francis, Bill B. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Hunter, Delroy M., 2008. "Can hedging tell the full story? Reconciling differences in United States aggregate- and industry-level exchange rate risk premium," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 169-196, November.
- Kross, Karmo, 2013. "Developmental welfare capitalism in East Asia with a special emphasis on South Korea," Discourses in Social Market Economy 2013-05, OrdnungsPolitisches Portal (OPO).
- Erinç Yeldan & Xinshen Diao, 1998. "Interface of Trade Liberalization, Accumulation and Growth in A World of Multi-Polar trade Blocs : Lessonsfrom a Multi-Regional Global General Equilibrium Model," Departmental Working Papers 9817, Bilkent University, Department of Economics.
- Michelle Connolly & Kei-Mu Yi, 2008.
"How much of South Korea’s growth miracle can be explained by trade policy?,"
Working Paper Series
2008-23, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Michelle Connolly & Kei-Mu Yi, 2009. "How much of South Korea's growth miracle can be explained by trade policy?," Working Papers 09-19, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Kei-Mu Yi & Michelle Connolly, 2010. "How Much of South Korea's Growth Miracle can be Explained by Trade Policy?," 2010 Meeting Papers 1006, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Arvind Panagariya, 2004.
"Miracles and Debacles: In Defense of Trade Openness,"
- Arvind Panagariya, 2004. "Miracles and Debacles: In Defence of Trade Openness," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(8), pages 1149-1171, 08.
- Geoffrey G. Gachino, 2011. "Determinants of FDI Spillover in the Kenyan Manufacturing Industry: Firm-Level Evidence," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 10(3), pages 235-255, December.
- Wenbiao Cai & B. Ravikumar & Raymond Riezman, 2013.
"The Quantitative Importance of Openness in Development,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
4412, CESifo Group Munich.
- Wenbiao Cai & B. Ravikumar & Raymond Riezman, 2013. "The quantitative importance of openness in development," Working Papers 2013-025, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Francis, Bill B & Hasan, Iftekhar & Hunter, Delroy M, 2008. "Does hedging tell the full story? Reconciling differences in US aggregate and industry-level exchange rate risk premia," Research Discussion Papers 14/2008, Bank of Finland.
- Westphal, Larry E., 2000. "Industrialization Meets Globalization : Uncertain Reflections on East Asian Experience," Discussion Papers 8, United Nations University, Institute for New Technologies.
- Volpe Martincus, Christian & Carballo, Jerónimo, 2010.
"Beyond the average effects: The distributional impacts of export promotion programs in developing countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 201-214, July.
- Christian Volpe Martincus & Jerónimo Carballo, 2010. "Beyond The Average Effects: The Distributional Impacts of Export Promotion Programs in Developing Countries," IDB Publications 36718, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Christopher Adam & Stephen A O`Connell, 2000. "Aid versus Trade Revisited," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2000-19, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Shahid Yusuf & M. Anjum Altaf & Kaoru Nabeshima, 2004. "Global Production Networking and Technological Change in East Asia," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14918.
- Bee Yan Aw & Sukkyun Chung & Mark J. Roberts, 1998. "Productivity and the Decision to Export: Micro Evidence from Taiwan and South Korea," NBER Working Papers 6558, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douhan, Robin & Nordberg, Anders, 2008.
"Is the Elephant Stepping on its Trunk? The Problem of India's Unbalanced Growth,"
Working Paper Series
778, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Douhan, Robin & Nordberg, Anders, 2007. "Is the elephant stepping on its trunk? The problem of India´s unbalanced growth," Working Paper Series 2007:16, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Alvarez, Roberto, 2007. "Explaining Export Success: Firm Characteristics and Spillover Effects," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 377-393, March.
- Julia Cagé & Dorothée Rouzet, 2013. "Improving "National Brands": Reputation for Quality and Export Promotion Strategies," PSE Working Papers halshs-00797006, HAL.
- Shatz, Howard J. & Tarr, David G., 2000. "Exchange rate overvaluation and trade protection - lessons from experience," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2289, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.