The determinants of capital inflows: Does opacity of recipient country explain the flows?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economic Systems.
Volume (Year): 31 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Landshuter Str. 4, 93047 Regensburg
Phone: +49-(0)941-943 54 10
Fax: +49-(0)941-943 54 27
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/621171
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R. Gaston Gelos & Shang-Jin Wei, 2005.
"Transparency and International Portfolio Holdings,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 60(6), pages 2987-3020, December.
- Jeannine N. Bailliu, 2000.
"Private Capital Flows, Financial Development, and Economic Growth in Developing Countries,"
00-16, Bank of Canada.
- Bailliu, Jeannine N., 2000. "Private Capital Flows, Financial Development, and Economic Growth in Developing Countries," Working Papers 00-15, Bank of Canada.
- Rui Albuquerque, 2004.
"The Composition of International Capital Flows: Risk Sharing Through Foreign Direct Investment,"
- Albuquerque, Rui, 2003. "The composition of international capital flows: risk sharing through foreign direct investment," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 353-383, December.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 2000.
"How Taxing is Corruption on International Investors?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 82(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1997. "How Taxing is Corruption on International Investors?," NBER Working Papers 6030, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1997. "How Taxing is Corruption on International Investors?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 63, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- McCalman, Phillip, 2004. "Foreign direct investment and intellectual property rights: evidence from Hollywood's global distribution of movies and videos," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 107-123, January.
- Beata K. Smarzynska & Shang-Jin Wei, 2000. "Corruption and Composition of Foreign Direct Investment: Firm-Level Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7969, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Smarzynska, Beata K. & Shang-Jin Wei, 2000. "Corruption and the composition of foreign direct investment - firm-level evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2360, The World Bank.
- Henisz, Witold J, 2000. "The Institutional Environment for Multinational Investment," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 334-64, October.
- Wasseem Mina, 2013.
"Beyond FDI: The Influence of Bilateral Investment Treaties on Debt,"
International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU
paper1325, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Mina, Wasseem, 2012. "Beyond FDI: The Influence of Bilateral Investment Treaties on Debt," MPRA Paper 51920, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mina, Wasseem, 2013. "Political Risk Guarantees and Capital Flows: The Role of Bilateral Investment Treaties," MPRA Paper 51811, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yi-Hui Chiang & Yiming Li & Chih-Young Hung, 2007. "A Dynamic Growth Model for Flows of Foreign Direct Investment," DEGIT Conference Papers c012_047, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Vladimír Benácek & Helena Lenihan & Bernadette Andreosso-O’Callaghan & Eva Michalíková & Denis Kan, 2012. "Political Risk, Institutions and Foreign Direct Investment: How Do They Relate in Various European Countries?," Working Papers IES 2012/24, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Jul 2012.
- Abid, Fathi & Bahloul, Slah, 2011. "Selected MENA countries' attractiveness to G7 investors," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 2197-2207, September.
- Hung, Chih-Young & Chiang, Yi-Hui, 2009. "Does an upper limit on foreign direct investment matter?: The case of Taiwan," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 549-560, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.