Foreign direct investment and intellectual property rights: evidence from Hollywood's global distribution of movies and videos
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Economics.
Volume (Year): 62 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Julie Holland Mortimer, 2005.
"Price Discrimination, Copyright Law, and Technological Innovation: Evidence from the Introduction of DVDs,"
NBER Working Papers
11676, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Julie Holland Mortimer, 2007. "Price Discrimination, Copyright Law, and Technological Innovation: Evidence From The Introduction of DVDs," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 122(3), pages 1307-1350, 08.
- Mortimer, Julie Holland, 2007. "Price Discrimination, Copyright Law, and Technological Innovation: Evidence From The Introduction of DVDs," Scholarly Articles 3425914, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Gordon H. Hanson & Chong Xiang, 2009. "International Trade in Motion Picture Services," NBER Chapters, in: International Trade in Services and Intangibles in the Era of Globalization, pages 203-222 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sunil Kanwar, 2008.
"Intellectual Property Protection And Technology Transfer Evidence From Us Multinationals,"
166, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Kanwar, Sunil, 2007. "Intellectual Property Protection and Technology Transfer: Evidence From US Multinationals," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt606508js, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Yungho Weng & Chih-Hai Yang & Yi-Ju Huang, 2009. "Intellectual property rights and U.S. information goods exports: the role of imitation threat," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 109-134, May.
- Bong Chun, 2008. "Host Country’s Intellectual Property Rights and Firm’s Equity Participation," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 341-356, December.
- TAKECHI Kazutaka, 2012. "Negative Effects of Intellectual Property Protection: The unusual suspects?," Discussion papers 12057, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Jiahua Che & Giovanni Facchini, 2007.
"Cultural Differences, Insecure Property Rights and the Mode of Entry Decision,"
Economics Discussion Papers
645, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Jiahua Che & Giovanni Facchini, 2009. "Cultural differences, insecure property rights and the mode of entry decision," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 465-484, March.
- Hooper, Vince & Kim, Suk-Joong, 2007. "The determinants of capital inflows: Does opacity of recipient country explain the flows?," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 35-48, March.
- Sumner J La Croix & Denise Eby Konan, 2006. "Have Developing Countries Gained From the Marriage Between Trade Agreements and Intellectual Property Rights?," Working Papers 200605, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Pablo Brañas-Garza & María Paz Espinosa, 2008.
"Unraveling Public Good Games,"
08/01, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Bond, Eric W. & Saggi, Kamal, 2014.
"Compulsory licensing, price controls, and access to patented foreign products,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 217-228.
- Eric Saggi & Saggi Saggi, 2012. "Compulsory licensing, price controls, and access to patented foreign products," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 12-00006, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- repec:van:wpaper:vuecon-sub-12-00013 is not listed on IDEAS
- TAKECHI Kazutaka, 2008. "International Strategic Alliances for Local Market Entry: Direct Launches versus Marketing Alliances in Pharmaceuticals," Discussion papers 08022, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- McCalman, Phillip, 2005. "International diffusion and intellectual property rights: An empirical analysis," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 353-372, December.
- Sunil Kanwar, 2009. "Intellectual Property Protection And Technology Transfer The Case Of Overseas R & D," Working Papers id:1948, eSocialSciences.
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Catherine Yap Co, 2009. "Chinese state’s economic cooperation related investment: An investigation of its direction and some implications for outward investment," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp966, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Co, Catherine Yap, 2010. "Intra- and inter-firm US trade," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 260-277, April.
- Hanson, Gordon & Xiang, Chong, 2011. "Trade barriers and trade flows with product heterogeneity: An application to US motion picture exports," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 14-26, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.