Does central bank independence lower inflation?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 84 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marta Campillo & Jeffrey A. Miron, 1997.
"Why Does Inflation Differ across Countries?,"
in: Reducing Inflation: Motivation and Strategy, pages 335-362
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rogoff, Kenneth, 1985. "The Optimal Degree of Commitment to an Intermediate Monetary Target," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 100(4), pages 1169-89, November.
- King, David & Ma, Yue, 2001. "Fiscal decentralization, central bank independence, and inflation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 95-98, July.
- Forder, James, 1998. "Central Bank Independence--Conceptual Clarifications and Interim Assessment," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(3), pages 307-34, July.
- Alesina, Alberto & Summers, Lawrence H, 1993. "Central Bank Independence and Macroeconomic Performance: Some Comparative Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(2), pages 151-62, May.
- M Ismihan & G Ozkan, 2010.
"Public debt and Financial development: A theoretical exploration,"
10/14, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Ismihan, Mustafa & Ozkan, F. Gulcin, 2012. "Public debt and financial development: A theoretical exploration," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 348-351.
- Carsten Hefeker & Blandine Zimmer, 2011.
"Uncertainty and Fiscal Policy in an Asymmetric Monetary Union,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 163-178, February.
- Carsten Hefeker & Blandine Zimmer, 2008. "Uncertainty and Fiscal Policy in an Asymmetric Monetary Union," CESifo Working Paper Series 2389, CESifo Group Munich.
- Carsten Hefeker & Blandine Zimmer, 2009. "Uncertainty and fiscal policy in an asymmetric monetary union," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200913, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Dai, Meixing & Sidiropoulos, Moïse, 2010.
"Monetary and fiscal policy interactions with central bank transparency and public investment,"
23704, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dai, Meixing & Sidiropoulos, Moïse, 2011. "Monetary and fiscal policy interactions with central bank transparency and public investment," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 195-208, September.
- Meixing Dai & Moïse Sidiropoulos, 2010. "Monetary and fiscal policy interactions with central bank transparency and public investment," Working Papers of BETA 2010-21, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Dai, Meixing & Sidiropoulos, Moïse, 2009.
"Public investment, distortionary taxes and monetary policy transparency,"
15858, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Meixing Dai & Moïse Sidiropoulos, 2009. "Public investment, distortionary taxes and monetary policy transparency," Working Papers of BETA 2009-30, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Brumm, Harold J., 2006. "The effect of central bank independence on inflation in developing countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 189-193, February.
- Ismihan, Mustafa & Ozkan, F Gulcin, 2007. "Public investment: a remedy or a curse? Examining the Role of Public Investment for Macroeconomic Performance," CEPR Discussion Papers 6139, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- F. Gulcin Ozkan & Ahmet Kipici & Mustafa Ismihan, 2010.
"The Banking Sector, Government Bonds, and Financial Intermediation: The Case of Emerging Market Countries,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 46(4), pages 55-70, January.
- F. Gulcin Ozkan & Ahmet Kipici & Mustafa Ismihan, 2008. "The Banking Sector, Government Bonds and Financial Intermediation: The Case of Emerging Market Countries," Discussion Papers 08/11, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Ismihan, Mustafa & Ozkan, F. Gulcin, 2011. "A Note On Public Investment, Public Debt, And Macroeconomic Performance," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(02), pages 265-278, April.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:5:y:2005:i:2:p:1-12 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.