Does greater trade openness reduce inflation? Further evidence using panel data techniques
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 81 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Temple, Jonathan, 2002. "Openness, Inflation, and the Phillips Curve: A Puzzle," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 34(2), pages 450-68, May.
- Hardouvelis, Gikas A., 1992.
"Monetary policy games, inflationary bias, and openness,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 147-164, January.
- Hardouvelis, G.A., 1988. "Monetary Policy Games, Inflationary Bias And Openness," Papers fb-_88-17, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- David Romer, 1998. "A New Assessment Of Openness And Inflation: Reply," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 113(2), pages 649-652, May.
- David Romer, 1991.
"Openness and Inflation: Theory and Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
3936, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cristina T. Terra, 1998.
"Openness And Inflation: A New Assessment,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 113(2), pages 641-648, May.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-91, June.
- Bilginsoy, Cihan, 1993. "Inflation, growth, and import bottlenecks in the Turkish manufacturing industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 111-131, October.
- Robert J. Barro & David B. Gordon, 1983.
"A Positive Theory of Monetary Policy in a Natural-Rate Model,"
NBER Working Papers
0807, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J & Gordon, David B, 1983. "A Positive Theory of Monetary Policy in a Natural Rate Model," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(4), pages 589-610, August.
- Mahir Binici & Yin-Wong Cheung & Kon S. Lai, 2012.
"Trade Openness, Market Competition, and Inflation : Some Sectoral Evidence from OECD Countries,"
1206, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Mahir Binici & Yin-Wong Cheung & Kon S. Lai, 2011. "Trade Openness, Market Competition, and Inflation: Some Sectoral Evidence from OECD Countries," CESifo Working Paper Series 3690, CESifo Group Munich.
- Carlos Esteban Posada P. & Camilo Morales J., .
"Inflación y apertura: evidencia para Colombia (1980-2005),"
Borradores de Economia
460, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Carlos Esteban Posada & Camilo Morales J., 2007. "Inflación y apertura: evidencia para Colombia (1980-2005)," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 004286, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Lein, Sarah M. & León-Ledesma, Miguel A. & Nerlich, Carolin, 2008.
"How is real convergence driving nominal convergence in the new EU Member States?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 227-248, March.
- Lein-Rupprecht, Sarah M. & León-Ledesma, Miguel A. & Nerlich, Carolin, 2007. "How is real convergence driving nominal convergence in the new EU Member States?," Working Paper Series 0827, European Central Bank.
- Mollick, André Varella & Cabral, René & Carneiro, Francisco G., 2011.
"Does inflation targeting matter for output growth? Evidence from industrial and emerging economies,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 537-551, July.
- Varella Mollick, Andre & Torres, Rene Cabral & Carneiro, Francisco G., 2008. "Does Inflation Targeting Matter for Output Growth? Evidence from Industrial and Emerging Economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4791, The World Bank.
- Christopher Bowdler & Adeel Malik, 2005.
"Openness and inflation volatility: Cross-country evidence,"
2005-W14, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Christopher Bowdler & Adeel Malik, 2005. "Openness and inflation volatility: cross-country evidence," CSAE Working Paper Series 2005-08, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Kim, MinKyoung & Beladi, Hamid, 2005. "Is free trade deflationary?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 89(3), pages 343-349, December.
- Tahir Mukhtar, 2010. "Does Trade Openness Reduce Inflation? Empirical Evidence from Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 15(2), pages 35-50, Jul-Dec.
- Christopher Bowdler & Luca Nunziata, 2004. "Labour Markets Institutions and Inflation Performance: Evidence from OECD panel data," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2004 29, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Mark A. Wynne & Erasmus K. Kersting, 2007. "Openness and inflation," Staff Papers, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Apr.
- Christopher Bowdler & Adeel Malik, 2005. "Openness and inflaton volatility: Cross-country evidence," Economics Series Working Papers 2005-W14, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.