Did state bank branching deregulation produce large growth effects?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 75 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Evans, Paul & Karras, Georgios, 1996. "Do Economies Converge? Evidence from a Panel of U.S. States," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(3), pages 384-88, August.
- Ross Levine, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
- Krol, Robert & Svorny, Shirley, 1996. "The effect of the bank regulatory environment on state economic activity," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 531-541, August.
- Burton A. Abrams & Margaret Z. Clarke & Russell F. Settle, 1999. "The Impact of Banking and Fiscal Policies on State-Level Economic Growth," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 66(2), pages 367-378, October.
- A. Craig MacKinlay, 1997. "Event Studies in Economics and Finance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 13-39, March.
- Kane, Edward J, 1996. "De Jure Interstate Banking: Why Only Now?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(2), pages 141-61, May.
- Salinger, Michael, 1992. "Standard Errors in Event Studies," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(01), pages 39-53, March.
- Howard J. Wall, 2003. "Entrepreneurship and the deregulation of banking: how strong is the evidence?," Working Papers 2002-032, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Philip E. Strahan, 2003. "The real effects of U.S. banking deregulation," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 111-128.
- Luisa Alamá Sabater & Emili Tortosa Ausina, 2011. "Bank branch geographic location patterns in Spain: some implications for financial exclusion," Working Papers. Serie EC 2011-10, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Huang, Rocco, 2007.
"Evaluating the real effect of bank branching deregulation: comparing contiguous counties across U.S. state borders,"
Working Paper Series
0788, European Central Bank.
- Huang, Rocco R., 2008. "Evaluating the real effect of bank branching deregulation: Comparing contiguous counties across US state borders," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 678-705, March.
- Kris James Mitchener & David C. Wheelock, 2010.
"Does the Structure of Banking Markets Affect Economic Growth? Evidence from U.S. State Banking Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
15710, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mitchener, Kris James & Wheelock, David C., 2013. "Does the structure of banking markets affect economic growth? Evidence from U.S. state banking markets," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 161-178.
- Kris James Mitchener & David C. Wheelock, 2010. "Does the structure of banking markets affect economic growth? evidence from U.S. state banking markets," Working Papers 2010-004, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Rodolfo Cermeño & Last: Cermeño & María José Roa & Last: Roa, 2013. "Desarrollo financiero, crecimiento y volatidad: Revisión de la literatura reciente," Documentos de InvestigaciÃ³n - Research Papers 9, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, CEMLA.
- Thomas A. Garrett & David C. Wheelock, 2006.
"Why did income growth vary across states during the Great Depression?,"
2005-013, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Garrett, Thomas A. & Wheelock, David C., 2006. "Why Did Income Growth Vary Across States During the Great Depression?," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 66(02), pages 456-466, June.
- Jie Mao & Ben Li, 2009. "The effect of potential foreign entry in the banking sector," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(1), pages 141-149.
- David C. Wheelock, 2003. "Commentary on The real effects of U.S. banking deregulation," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 129-134.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Gary A. Wagner & David C. Wheelock, 2005. "Regional disparities in the spatial correlation of state income growth," Working Papers 2005-061, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Craig P. Aubuchon & David C. Wheelock, 2010. "The geographic distribution and characteristics of U.S. bank failures, 2007-2010: do bank failures still reflect local economic conditions?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 395-415.
- Wall, Howard J., 2004. "Entrepreneurship and the deregulation of banking," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 333-339, March.
- Jorge Guillén, 2009. "A lesson to learn from developed countries: The Case of State Branching Deregulation in the US," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 36(1 Year 20), pages 67-95, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.