The demand for environmental quality and the environmental Kuznets Curve hypothesis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 51 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3-4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Torras, Mariano & Boyce, James K., 1998. "Income, inequality, and pollution: a reassessment of the environmental Kuznets Curve," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 147-160, May.
- Gene M. Grossman & Alan B. Krueger, 1994.
"Economic Growth and the Environment,"
NBER Working Papers
4634, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stern, David I. & Common, Michael S. & Barbier, Edward B., 1996. "Economic growth and environmental degradation: The environmental Kuznets curve and sustainable development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 1151-1160, July.
- Seema Arora & Timothy N. Cason, 1999. "Do Community Characteristics Influence Environmental Outcomes? Evidence from the Toxics Release Inventory," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 65(4), pages 691-716, April.
- Bimonte, Salvatore, 2002. "Information access, income distribution, and the Environmental Kuznets Curve," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 145-156, April.
- Selden Thomas M. & Song Daqing, 1994. "Environmental Quality and Development: Is There a Kuznets Curve for Air Pollution Emissions?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 147-162, September.
- P Ekins, 1997. "The Kuznets curve for the environment and economic growth: examining the evidence," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 29(5), pages 805-830, May.
- Suri, Vivek & Chapman, Duane, 1998. "Economic growth, trade and energy: implications for the environmental Kuznets curve," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 195-208, May.
- Barrett, Scott & Graddy, Kathryn, 2000. "Freedom, growth, and the environment," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(04), pages 433-456, October.
- Barbier, Edward B., 1997.
"Introduction to the environmental Kuznets curve special issue,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(04), pages 369-381, November.
- Barbier, Edward B., 1997. "Introduction to the environmental Kuznets curve special issue," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(04), pages 357-367, November.
- McCONNELL, KENNETH E., 1997. "Income and the demand for environmental quality," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(04), pages 383-399, November.
- Shafik, Nemat & Bandyopadhyay, Sushenjit, 1992. "Economic growth and environmental quality : time series and cross-country evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 904, The World Bank.
- CARSON, RICHARd T. & JEON, YONGIL & McCUBBIN, DONALD R., 1997. "The relationship between air pollution emissions and income: US Data," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(04), pages 433-450, November.
- Florenz Plassmann & Neha Khanna, 2007. "Assessing the Precision of Turning Point Estimates in Polynomial Regression Functions," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(5), pages 503-528.
- Brooks, Nancy & Sethi, Rajiv, 1997. "The Distribution of Pollution: Community Characteristics and Exposure to Air Toxics," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 233-250, February.
- Lieb, Christoph M., 2002. "The environmental Kuznets curve and satiation: a simple static model," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 429-448, July.
- AkbostancI, Elif & Türüt-AsIk, Serap & Tunç, G. Ipek, 2009. "The relationship between income and environment in Turkey: Is there an environmental Kuznets curve?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 861-867, March.
- Kaika, Dimitra & Zervas, Efthimios, 2013. "The Environmental Kuznets Curve (EKC) theory—Part A: Concept, causes and the CO2 emissions case," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1392-1402.
- Kukla-Gryz, Anna, 2009. "Economic growth, international trade and air pollution: A decomposition analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(5), pages 1329-1339, March.
- Y. Farzin & Kelly Grogan, 2013. "Socioeconomic factors and water quality in California," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 15(1), pages 1-37, January.
- Lipford Jody W. & Yandle Bruce, 2011. "NAFTA, Environmental Kuznets Curves, and Mexico's Progress," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 10(4), pages 1-20, January.
- Roger Fouquet, 2011.
"The Demand for Environmental Quality in Driving Transitions to Low Polluting Energy Sources,"
- Fouquet, Roger, 2012. "The demand for environmental quality in driving transitions to low-polluting energy sources," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 138-149.
- Hanna, Bríd Gleeson, 2008. "An empirical study of income growth and manufacturing industry pollution in New England, 1980-1990," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 75-82, August.
- Castiglione, Concetta & Infante, Davide & Smirnova, Janna, 2012. "Rule of law and its implications for the environmental taxation-income path across European Countries," MPRA Paper 39433, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Massimiliano Mazzanti & Anna Montini & Roberto Zoboli, 2006. "Municipal Waste Production, Economic Drivers, and ‘New’ Waste Policies: EKC Evidence from Italian Regional and Provincial Panel Data," Working Papers 2006.155, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Y. Hossein Farzin & Kelly A. Grogan, 2011. "Socioeconomic Factors and Water Quality in California," Working Papers 2011.51, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Faiz Rehman & Muhammad Nasir & Faiza Kanwal, 2012. "Nexus between corruption and regional Environmental Kuznets Curve: the case of South Asian countries," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 14(5), pages 827-841, October.
- Khanna, Neha & Plassmann, Florenz, 2007. "Total factor productivity and the Environmental Kuznets Curve: A comment and some intuition," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 54-58, June.
- Charles Perrings & George Halkos, 2012. "Who Cares about Biodiversity? Optimal Conservation and Transboundary Biodiversity Externalities," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 52(4), pages 585-608, August.
- Park, Soonae & Lee, Youngmi, 2011. "Regional model of EKC for air pollution: Evidence from the Republic of Korea," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 5840-5849, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.