Economic evaluation of smallholder subsistence livestock production: lessons from an Ethiopian goat development program
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 45 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Scoones, Ian, 1992. "The economic value of livestock in the communal areas of southern Zimbabwe," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 339-359.
- Upton, Martin, 1989. "Livestock productivity assessment and herd growth models," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 149-164.
- Upton, Martin, 1985. "Returns from small ruminant production in South West Nigeria," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 65-83.
- Bosman, H. G. & Moll, H. A. J. & Udo, H. M. J., 1997. "Measuring and interpreting the benefits of goat keeping in tropical farm systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 349-372, April.
- Drucker, Adam G. & Gomez, Veronica & Anderson, Simon, 2001. "The economic valuation of farm animal genetic resources: a survey of available methods," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Cossins, Noel J. & Upton, Martin, 1987. "The Borana pastoral system of Southern Ethiopia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 199-218.
- Behnke, Roy H., 1985. "Measuring the benefits of subsistence versus commercial livestock production in Africa," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 109-135.
- de Ridder, N. & Wagenaar, K. T., 1986. "Energy and protein balances in traditional livestock systems and ranching in eastern Botswana," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-16.
- Christian Jette, 1996. "Diversification as a Risk Management Strategy in an Andean Agropastoral Community," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1329-1334.
- Simianer, H., 2005. "Decision making in livestock conservation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 559-572, June.
- Eric Ruto & Guy Garrod & Riccardo Scarpa, 2007.
"Valuing Animal Genetic Resources: A Choice Modeling Application to Indigenous Cattle in Kenya,"
Working Papers in Economics
07/05, University of Waikato, Department of Economics.
- Eric Ruto & Guy Garrod & Riccardo Scarpa, 2008. "Valuing animal genetic resources: a choice modeling application to indigenous cattle in Kenya," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 38(1), pages 89-98, 01.
- Mbanasor, Jude Anayochukwu & Nwachukwu, Ifeanyi Ndubuto & Agwu, Nnanna Mba & Njoku, Maria-Stella Etomchi & Onwumere, Joe, 2. "Analysis Of Income Inequality And Poverty Dynamics Among Rural Farm Households In Abia State, Nigeria," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Niğde University, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, vol. 1.
- Siegmund-Schultze, M. & Rischkowsky, B. & da Veiga, J.B. & King, J.M., 2010. "Valuing cattle on mixed smallholdings in the Eastern Amazon," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(4), pages 857-867, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.