Quantifying the impacts on biodiversity of policies for carbon sequestration in forests
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 40 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Douglas J. Miller, 1999. "An Econometric Analysis of the Costs of Sequestering Carbon in Forests," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(4), pages 812-824.
- Stavins, Robert & Newell, Richard, 1999.
"Climate Change and Forest Sinks: Factors Affecting the Costs of Carbon Sequestration,"
dp-99-31-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Newell, Richard G. & Stavins, Robert N., 2000. "Climate Change and Forest Sinks: Factors Affecting the Costs of Carbon Sequestration," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 211-235, November.
- Stavins, Robert, 2000. "limate Change and Forest Sinks: Factors Affecting the Costs of Carbon Sequestration," Working Paper Series rwp00-001, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Peter J. Parks & Ian W. Hardie, 1995. "Least-Cost Forest Carbon Reserves: Cost-Effective Subsidies to Convert Marginal Agricultural Land to Forests," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 71(1), pages 122-136.
- Polasky Stephen & Solow Andrew R., 1995. "On the Value of a Collection of Species," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 298-303, November.
- RICHARD M. Adams & DARIUS M. Adams & JOHN M. Callaway & CHING-CHENG Chang & BRUCE A. Mccarl, 1993. "Sequestering Carbon On Agricultural Land: Social Cost And Impacts On Timber Markets," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 11(1), pages 76-87, 01.
- Ian W. Hardie & Peter J. Parks, 1997. "Land Use with Heterogeneous Land Quality: An Application of an Area Base Model," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 299-310.
- Darius M. Adams & Ralph J. Alig & DBruce A. McCarl & John M. Callaway & Steven M. Winnett, 1999. "Minimum Cost Strategies for Sequestering Carbon in Forests," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(3), pages 360-374.
- Pattanayak, Subhrendu K. & Abt, Robert C. & Sommer, Allan J. & Cubbage, Fred & Murray, Brian C. & Yang, Jui-Chen & Wear, David & Ahn, SoEun, 2004. "Forest forecasts: does individual heterogeneity matter for market and landscape outcomes?," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3-4), pages 243-260, June.
- Feng, Hongli & Kling, Catherine L. & Gassman, Philip W., 2004.
"Carbon Sequestration, Co-Benefits, and Conservation Programs,"
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 19(3).
- Feng, Hongli & Kling, Catherine L. & Gassman, Philip W., 2010. "Carbon Sequestration, Co-Benefits, and Conservation Programs," Staff General Research Papers 31453, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Feng, Hongli & Kling, Catherine L. & Gassman, Philip W., 2004. "Carbon Sequestration, Co-Benefits, and Conservation Programs," Staff General Research Papers 12220, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Hongli Feng & Catherine L. Kling & Philip W. Gassman, 2004. "Carbon Sequestration, Co-Benefits, and Conservation Programs," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 04-wp379, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Blare, Trent & Haro-Carrión, Xavier & Grogan, Kelly A. & Useche, Pilar, 2013. "How Much Does the Forest Cost? Determining the Size of Subsidy Payments to Induce Reforestation in Coastal Ecuador," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 151427, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- McCarney, Geoffrey R. & Armstrong, Glen W. & Adamowicz, Wiktor L., 2006. "Implications Of A Market For Carbon On Timber And Non-Timber Values In An Uncertain World," Annual Meeting, May 25-28, 2006, Montreal, Quebec 34175, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society.
- Lewis, David J. & Plantinga, Andrew J., 2004. "Policies To Reduce Forest Fragmentation: Combining Econometric Models With Gis-Based Landscape Simulations," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 19910, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Blare, Trent & Haro-Carrion, Xavier, 2013. "Turning Carbon into Cash: Economic Model of Payments for Carbon Sequestration in the Dry Tropical Forest of Coastal Ecuador," 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida 143088, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Elbakidze, Levan & McCarl, Bruce A., 2007. "Sequestration offsets versus direct emission reductions: Consideration of environmental co-effects," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 564-571, January.
- Elberg Nielsen, Anne Sofie & Plantinga, Andrew J. & Alig, Ralph J., 2014. "Mitigating climate change through afforestation: New cost estimates for the United States," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 83-98.
- Alejandro Caparrós & Emilio Cerdá & Paola Ovando & Pablo Campos, 2010.
"Carbon Sequestration with Reforestations and Biodiversity-scenic Values,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 45(1), pages 49-72, January.
- A. Caparrós & E. Cerdá & P. Ovando & P. Campos, 2007. "Carbon Sequestration with Reforestations and Biodiversity-Scenic Values," Working Papers 2007.28, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Caparros, Alejandro & Jacquemont, Frederic, 2003. "Conflicts between biodiversity and carbon sequestration programs: economic and legal implications," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 143-157, August.
- Feng, Hongli & Kurkalova, Lyubov A. & Kling, Catherine L. & Gassman, Philip W., 2005. "Transfers and Environmental Co-Benefits of Carbon Sequestration in Agricultural Soils: Retiring Agricultural Land in the Upper Mississippi River Basin," Staff General Research Papers 12439, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.