Should schools be smaller? The size-performance relationship for Welsh schools
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics of Education Review.
Volume (Year): 25 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Adnett, Nick & Bougheas, Spiros & Davies, Peter, 2002.
"Market-based reforms of public schooling: some unpleasant dynamics,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 323-330, August.
- Nick Adnett & Spiros Bougheas & Peter Davies, . "Market-Based Reforms of Public Schooling: Some Unpleasant Dynamics," Working Papers 994, Staffordshire University, Business School.
- Anh T. Le & Paul W. Miller, 2004. "High School Graduation in Australia: Do Schools Matter?," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 51(2), pages 194-208, 05.
- Edward P. Lazear, 1999.
NBER Working Papers
7349, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrews, Matthew & Duncombe, William & Yinger, John, 2002. "Revisiting economies of size in American education: are we any closer to a consensus?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 245-262, June.
- Caroline M. Hoxby, 2000. "The Effects Of Class Size On Student Achievement: New Evidence From Population Variation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 115(4), pages 1239-1285, November.
- repec:lan:wpaper:1015 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:lan:wpaper:1016 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dustmann, Christian & Rajah, Najma & van Soest, Arthur, 2002.
"Class Size, Education, and Wages,"
IZA Discussion Papers
501, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Leslie Rosenthal, 2003.
"The Value of Secondary School Quality,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(3), pages 329-355, 07.
- Leslie Rosenthal, 2000. "The value of secondary school quality," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 2000/06, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Caroline M. Hoxby, 2000.
"Does Competition among Public Schools Benefit Students and Taxpayers?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1209-1238, December.
- Caroline Minter Hoxby, 1994. "Does Competition Among Public Schools Benefit Students and Taxpayers?," NBER Working Papers 4979, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Petra E. Todd & Kenneth I. Wolpin, 2003. "On The Specification and Estimation of The Production Function for Cognitive Achievement," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(485), pages F3-F33, February.
- repec:lan:wpaper:1092 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Sawkins, 2002. "Examination performance in Scottish secondary schools: an ordered logit approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(16), pages 2031-2041.
- Walsh, Patrick, 2010. "Is parental involvement lower at larger schools?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 959-970, December.
- Stiefel, Leanna & Schwartz, Amy Ellen & Iatarola, Patrice & Chellman, Colin C., 2009. "Mission matters: The cost of small high schools revisited," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 585-599, October.
- McMullen, Steven C. & Rouse, Kathryn E., 2012. "School crowding, year-round schooling, and mobile classroom use: Evidence from North Carolina," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 812-823.
- Kempkes, Gerhard, 2010. "Rapid demographic change and the allocation of public education resources: Evidence from East Germany," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2010,16, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Humlum, Maria Knoth & Smith, Nina, 2014. "Long-Term Effects of School Size on Students' Outcomes," IZA Discussion Papers 8032, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.